Violence at Euro 2016

You can get some decent cheap booze in those French supermarkets. I bought a litre of red wine in one of those cartons you usually get long life milk in.
It only cost 1 euro. To them, it was probably one step up from antifreeze but I thought it was ok.
Yep you certainly can. It wasn't a super u supermarket by chance?.

Sunderland fan wins the internet on Twitter

9835F13E-635E-4EDC-8A7D-A37745422725_zps8i4jipuq.jpg

I'm sticking my neck out here but I reckon number 3 is bang on the money
Me too.

Was in Amsterdam on business when England played a friendly there. I witnessed forest fans tear down a derby flag then get the shit kicked out of them.

Due to fly out to Marseille a week on Tuesday for Ukraine vs Poland. Got tickets and booked before the draw. Got three other games as well further north in the knock out stages. Spent about £700 so far but really considering not going. Self employed as well so the time off loosing wages really doesn't seem worth it at the moment. Was looking forward to it but seems like the Wild West out there.

Haha only in Russia would that ever fly.
There is an hour long video from RT on YouTube covering the riots. They get close ups of England fans looking like they're causing a disturbance, yet when the English fans are running on camera, obviously from Russian fans who aren't in shot yet, the camera either pans out or moves in another direction.

Due to fly out to Marseille a week on Tuesday for Ukraine vs Poland. Got tickets and booked before the draw. Got three other games as well further north in the knock out stages. Spent about £700 so far but really considering not going. Self employed as well so the time off loosing wages really doesn't seem worth it at the moment. Was looking forward to it but seems like the Wild West out there.

I would give the Poland v Ukraine game a swerve that is the one they are all looking forward to for a ruck. The Ruskies and Ukraine will probably be out by the knockout stages so you should be ok then.

Yep another old bastard here, I certainly was around in the 70s and 80s, and without doubt the lads who went to games back then were in a different league to todays fans, who really havent a clue. Like you I was never one to look for be involved in or seek out any mither, I was there for the football (god help us!) however if you went away on a regular basis you would certainly have had to defend yourself on occasions. You would certainly have experienced something along the lines of what England fans copped for last night.

Where I say todays Russian nutters are in a different league to even those back in the day is that they are all military trained through national service and have more than likely spent some time in shit holes such as Chechnya. They go looking for trouble dry and well trained. I happen to know one or two old school blokes from Millwall and Stoke, they hold the view that the outcome last night would have differed on account of the fact far less England fans would have run therefore the Russians would have not had it all their own way, but they agree these loons come from a different culture different back ground. They are to all intent and purpose paramilitary not just run of the mill hard nuts who like a few beers and a good tear up.

Good points,not thought of the military side.Think that was the difference,saw loads of English lads running and just a few stood up and they got left on their own,that would never have happened as you say years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.