Violence at Euro 2016

Good points,not thought of the military side.Think that was the difference,saw loads of English lads running and just a few stood up and they got left on their own,that would never have happened as you say years ago.

Dont forget back in the 70s and 80s the iron curtain countries would have very few allowed or able to travel to tournaments or away European away ties, so those who liked a bit of aggro didnt come up against like minded chaps from eastern Europe.

Dont forget back in the 70s and 80s the iron curtain countries would have very few allowed or able to travel to tournaments or away European away ties, so those who liked a bit of aggro didnt come up against like minded chaps from eastern Europe.

I meant if they were around today of course.I used to read about East Europeans wanting a pop at English fans when the curtain was up,looks like they got their wish.

We have just spent the last 3 days in the Lille fanzone with 5 of us and not seen one fight. It's been epic. Talking to alsorts. It's like all this is in another world. The fanzone set up has been brilliant

Good points,not thought of the military side.Think that was the difference,saw loads of English lads running and just a few stood up and they got left on their own,that would never have happened as you say years ago.

if the england fans who actually like a fight were there i think it could have been a different story. most are banned though.

No bother with any ROI fans out there yet and I'm flying over tomorrow morning and don't expect any. Also know a good few over there with the North and they've had no bother.
Northern Ireland fans were drinking with Polish fans and both sets of supporters were attacked by French gangs. Some N.Irish and Polish hospitalised.

We have just spent the last 3 days in the Lille fanzone with 5 of us and not seen one fight. It's been epic. Talking to alsorts. It's like all this is in another world. The fanzone set up has been brilliant

I would be surprised if Russians cause trouble in Lille as I think they made their point at the weekend.Just hope the English & Welsh dont start.

anyone know if england fans without a ticket are drinking in lille or lens on thursday?
Alcohol is banned in Lens on Thursday, and by all accounts there's hardly any bars there anyway. So it's Lille with the Russians or nothing. More great planning from the geniuses at UEFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.