Violence at Euro 2016

i dont think there will any trouble with our fans on thursday. (famous last words)

most of the welsh boys out there are in choirs and only going for singing practice :-)

A friend of a friend is over there now, and he said that theres a load of russian "fans" with proper martial arts gear, gum shields in, balaclavas the lot. Theyve come to france for one reason and one reason only

OK thanks I hadn't read the story, thought it was another violent attack
Still bad though mate.

for anyone going over there...take fucking care of yourself, don't do daft things like standing near the edge of an 8m wall or think you're an honourable and brave man standing and fighting alone against 10 Russians!

Sad news about the NI fan. Its going to add on the pressure for the organisers and uefa to act as this is turning into an absolute disaster of a tournament for them. Its almost like the football isn't even happening due to everything else. I can't see it getting much better either at this rate based on what people are saying about the russians. They are hell bent on trouble and wouldnt want tp be anywhere near where they are playing. Just typical uefa we are close to them for our next game, more carnage.
My mates are over there and say it's not just the Russians, it's the French local gangs too - turning up out of the blue and attacking England fans drinking in bars. But they text and said the Russians are all turning up like UFC fighters!

My mates are over there and say it's not just the Russians, it's the French local gangs too - turning up out of the blue and attacking England fans drinking in bars. But they text and said the Russians are all turning up like UFC fighters!

Mentioned that myself earlier, sounds mental. Who brings Martial arts gloves & gumshields to a street fight?!

Its scary stuff, wouldnt fancy being over there at all.

English fans are not to blame done nothing wrong. ..France and russia should be banned from the tournament. Russia should also have the WC taken off them and moved to England

There was a Russian journalist on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast on Thurs/Fri who said he wouldn't be going to Marseille for the match because it had long been known that the Russian hooligans planned to cause widespread trouble. He said this date had been singled out as soon as the draw was made, specifically because it was against England.

So this guy, who is "just" a journalist remember, knew all about it and even talked about it publicly before it had happened, yet UEFA and the French police were seemingly caught completely off guard. Not to mention the fact that the Russian authorities must have also known this was going to happen and made no attempt to stop it.

To anyone concerned about going to Lille this week, he was on again last night and said that it's important to remember that this was a group of 250-300 highly coordinated hooligans on a particular "mission", not the entire Russian fanbase. And as far as he's aware, there are no plans for a repeat at any other venues as this hardcore group of dickheads have proved their point and are most likely now back in Russia congratulating themselves on their impressive ability to kick unconscious people in the head.

if the england fans who actually like a fight were there i think it could have been a different story. most are banned though.
Don't romanticise this stuff. It's right wing nationalist politics and these guys spend their lives training. Very sad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.