Violence at Euro 2016

Maybe so. I could get on board with that. As I said, I can see why it could antagonise locals. And some locals in deprived areas are likely to react.

The locals in that particular area dont need some Englishman singing a song as a reason to kick off, trust me.

Pathetic organisation from UEFA and even more pathetic policing on the part of the French authorities.

This is not an England problem although you would be forgiven for thinking so looking at the media and UEFA's own stance since the trouble, a fact borne out by similar violence involving quite a few other sets of fans out there.

Totally - we're English and we're still judged by hooliganism from times gone by. I hope that UEFA see that the trouble is being instigated by others but as you say, I can't see Russia being banned because they'll be hosting the World Cup and though it's a FIFA tournament, UEFA will want to keep Russia happy and Russia have probably already paid a load out in bribes to ensure they don't get kicked out.

One word.......... Gazprom.

Yeah Samuels is often praised on here despite his paper.
Well from his summary sounds like a load bullshit and finger pointing, like him walking out of his office and getting chinned and me saying you shouldn't write such shit then buddy you get no sympathy from me, you should respect other people's beliefs and what not(see how easy it is? it's exactly what he's doing). :)

Last edited:
The locals in that particular area dont need some Englishman singing a song as a reason to kick off, trust me.

Pathetic organisation from UEFA and even more pathetic policing on the part of the French authorities.

This is not an England problem although you would be forgiven for thinking so looking at the media and UEFA's own stance since the trouble, a fact borne out by similar violence involving quite a few other sets of fans out there.

I agree. They don't need provocation. So why sing a song that is likely to provoke them. The large majority of the issues in Marseille are not down to the England fans. I agree with that as well. But some of it is and those opposed to the coverage entirely blaming England fans have the narrative that none of it was.

And an excuse for the Police to act as a violent group themselves

I agree. They don't need provocation. So why sing a song that is likely to provoke them. The large majority of the issues in Marseille are not down to the England fans. I agree with that as well. But some of it is and those opposed to the coverage entirely blaming England fans have the narrative that none of it was.

The French public prosecutor himself has come out and said the vast majority of the violence is down to an organised, violent group of Russian fans so forgive us for sharing that view mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.