Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50m more for another CB? What about fixing the LB issue. It would help plenty to get a more pacy and defensively adapt LB.

£50m for another defender. Do we have any scouts? We just seem to chuck in lots of cash for defenders who are hyped up. Thankfully its only the Daily Fail.

Barca got Umtiti for £20m for example... and he has been good for them.
He has been alright.

Better than a kick in the bollocks, but possibly another big fish in a small pond like Stones was at Everton. I'm not saying van Dijk and Stones can't be great, but just wonder if its not experience and an older head we are missing without VK?
Also, we will get our pants pulled down buying him in Jan.

He's the best available option if we're going down the transfer route,again.The alternative would be to involve Tosin more,but i dont see him as consistent,experienced or reliable enough yet - he needs a loan.

VvD is going to be expensive,far more than he's worth....but he ticks every box when it comes to our needs.Perhaps with the sales of Denayer and Mangala we can recoup a large portion of the fee.

going out on a limb here but this guy is exactly what we are missing. FB's can follow in the summer but right now we do not have a big strong quick intelligent centre half, and this is England FFS

going out on a limb here but this guy is exactly what we are missing. FB's can follow in the summer but right now we do not have a big strong quick intelligent centre half, and this is England FFS
Yeah I see where you're coming from and I'd imagine that if we bought him we'd play three at the back more often and thus reduce the need for full backs right now. Rightly or wrongly.

I thought he had a 20/25m release clause? This would make sense as it's approx double what Saints bought him for.

Scary that any half decent defender is valued at £50m.

He's clearly a good player but another extortionate Txiki purchase. Can we not spot any value elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.