Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not totally convinced about van Dijk (especially at the price) but we do need to sign another centre back.

Build your defence around him and Stones. It will develop into the best in Europe, but, without shutting the two open full back doors as well, you will continue to be vulnerable.

Only trouble with that. They won't get the patience from us to build that partnership.

Best player on the pitch in the Southampton game at the Etihad. Excellent positioning in that game and great at spotting and closing down danger. No slouch in other Southampton games I've seen this season either.
Nowhere near as slow as the bunch we have, so I'd be happy if we went for him.

Had a very good game against us but I can't put my finger on why but not totally convinced van Dijk would be right fit.

The difference is Demichelis had been performing well enough at one of Europe's top club for years and was convincing enough at Malaga for us to sign him. We are paying the best part of 50m for a player who has had very limited experience in the Champions League.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.