Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're truly wanting to sign Van Dijk, it would be in the summer. All this talk of signing him in January is just a ploy to price Liverpool out.
Why would we not sign him. We badly need a CB the manager has said as much on numerous ocasions. VK sadly is finished, the other back up defenders considered not good enough or too young. I would suggest that if Pep really wants him and the Saints are willing to cash in then we will put in a serious bid.

Right boys cut the FM shit. Who should Pep go for?
Cut the childish like games...What do you really want? You boys are our future ..

Inigo Martinez is available for £30m because of release clause, is left footed and would be more likely to he happy as a third choice than VVD.

Unpopular but I really don't rate VVD as highly as seems to be the general opinion. Media speak about him like Southampton is way below his level I've seen a few games where he's been out of position when they've conceded. He's made his name there at a similar time to Fonte and Lovren and look how they've worked out for Liverpool and West Ham.

Right boys cut the FM shit. Who should Pep go for?
Cut the childish like games...What do you really want? You boys are our future ..
VVD for Premier League experience.
Inigo Martinez for a squad CH.
Milam Skriniar (Inter) for the best future CH.

Why would we not sign him. We badly need a CB the manager has said as much on numerous ocasions. VK sadly is finished, the other back up defenders considered not good enough or too young. I would suggest that if Pep really wants him and the Saints are willing to cash in then we will put in a serious bid.

He'll probably cost another record breaker for a defender. I highly doubt that we, or Liverpool for that matter, will put a bid like so in January.

If Bonucci some how becomes available I think I'd be tempted with a cheeky bid. The money being touted for VVD is just ridiculous and although a good CB I just don't know how this sum can be justified. Doing well at Celtic and a good eighteen months at Southampton does not put you in that price bracket. If the Saints don't start talking a bit of sense I can see him running his contract down and going of a reduced fee or on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.