Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can folks stop repeating the "cut price" Bonnuci. He went for what he was worth. Saying City or Chelsea would have paid more is simply conjecture.

This was widely, widely reported. If Bonucci was open to moving to England he would've easily gone for 60 million, I can't believe that is even up for debate.

You seem to be trying to explain away everything. But there on likes the point. You can get fantastic quality for less than 45 million. I.e Practically everyone who moved.

The players you listed weren't in the same league (literally and metaphorically) as VVD at the time of their transfers. That was the purpose of going through the list.

That you all have explanations for why the prices were low is simply your conclusory positions. I'm just staying the facts.

We're trying to get the best players, there are only a few at the very top level and scarcity drives prices. I can't tell if you're being intentionally obstinate or not but your "facts" are either completely false or irrelevant.

If he does come, he could become one of the best under Pep, having seen how he's improved Ota and Stones in 1 year is crazy. Anyone who comes in will be improved in this team. Exciting times.

Indication from him being benched at Southampton is he is moving sooner rather than later.

This was widely, widely reported. If Bonucci was open to moving to England he would've easily gone for 60 million, I can't believe that is even up for debate.
A lot of crap get reported. I only believe what actually happens. Not made up newspaper stories.

The players you listed weren't in the same league (literally and metaphorically) as VVD at the time of their transfers. That was the purpose of going through the list.
Literally, sure. Metaphorically? What league exactly is VVD in? A good defender who plays for a midtable team? I'd say so. Rudiger? Bonucci? Skrinnier? Lindelof? All played at higer levels
I'd say they are categorically of similar caliber or better. This is not to say I don't rate VVD higher than all those players, I do. But this is irrelevant to whether or not they ( the top.players to move in the summer) and VVD are of similar caliber. Juve, Roma, Benfica, Atalanta, are all of similar or better caliber to Southampton.

And Virgil hasn't ripped up trees. He is not the Messi of defenders who just somehow unconscionably has been so dominant as to deserve a 20 million hike on the current CB record.

We're trying to get the best players, there are only a few at the very top level and scarcity drives prices. I can't tell if you're being intentionally obstinate or not but your "facts" are either completely false or irrelevant.
What facts are false? You all keep saying this. But backing up your claim you with nothing but rumors and opinions. The facts are clear. Point out a CB who has moved for over 50 million. There isn't one.

If he does come, he could become one of the best under Pep, having seen how he's improved Ota and Stones in 1 year is crazy. Anyone who comes in will be improved in this team. Exciting times.

Indication from him being benched at Southampton is he is moving sooner rather than later.
He wasn't just benched. He was removed from the game day squad. That's literally a "he is gone" move.

I think we will go back to 3 at the back when he come and Mangala will be moved.

Stones is back soon and Capt is back now. So there will be a good core at CB come January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.