Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, nothing you said opposes my position.
1. I never said the market didn't get inflated. I said it didn't any more than usual.
2. And that no one moved for over 50 suggest there was no unusual inflation.
3. Lots of top CBs moved. And they didn't cost 50 or more. Not to suggest a player can't move for over 50 million. But that should be the exception, not the rule.
4. If the world best CB wanted to move from one top club to another, Perhaps!

But I'm.sorry Southampton is on no position to be demanding 20 million above the the world record price. That's just silly!

Didn't inflate more than usual my ass :)

Lukaku, Morata ,neymar, Mbappe, Walker, Mendi, Bakayoko, that guy Liverpool bought from german club for next summer, Chelsea were willing to pay 60m for Sandro etc, etc... none of these would be half of what they were 2-3 years ago.

And 3. is so awful argument it's appalling. Only Bonucci from top class CB's moved and it was mentioned many times why he went for less than he could in normal circumstances. If he went to England he would cost easily over 50m.

Was fit but didn't play today. No way is he NOT getting sold. And i suspect we are the team the Saints would prefer to sell to.

Didn't inflate more than usual my ass :)

Lukaku, Morata ,neymar, Mbappe, Walker, Mendi, Bakayoko, that guy Liverpool bought from german club for next summer, Chelsea were willing to pay 60m for Sandro etc, etc... none of these would be half of what they were 2-3 years ago.

And 3. is so awful argument it's appalling. Only Bonucci from top class CB's moved and it was mentioned many times why he went for less than he could in normal circumstances. If he went to England he would cost easily over 50m.
Cool. Let's all just belief what we want. It won't be the first time in here.

He wasn't just benched. He was removed from the game day squad. That's literally a "he is gone" move.

I think we will go back to 3 at the back when he come and Mangala will be moved.

Stones is back soon and Capt is back now. So there will be a good core at CB come January.

Ah Yeh, my mistake just seen the TS :D

When we do get another CB gives us so many more options in different games.

The facts are clear. Point out a CB who has moved for over 50 million. There isn't one.
Mmm, we paid around £50M for Stones over a year ago, since when the transfer market appears to have inflated. We have paid the same for two full backs who are generally less expensive than centre backs. We have paid a near record amount for a goalkeeper.
VVD is sought after by Liverpool, Chelsea and ourselves, he has many years left on his contract, I would be amazed if he didn't command a premium price.

Mmm, we paid around £50M for Stones over a year ago, since when the transfer market appears to have inflated. We have paid the same for two full backs who are generally less expensive than centre backs. We have paid a near record amount for a goalkeeper.
VVD is sought after by Liverpool, Chelsea and ourselves, he has many years left on his contract, I would be amazed if he didn't command a premium price.

Yeah but Milan Škriniar, who no one had ever heard of before a few months ago, moved from Sampdoria for significantly less, so ergo it's way too much. The facts are clear.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-sign-van-dijk-14074584

The above articles does a nice job of expressing my clearly unpopular view on the issue.

Conditions that causes players to be unduly expensive simply does not exist here. VVD is simply a talented defender at a midtable club.

He is not English (So he doesn't get that premium)
He isn't from a rival club. So no premium for weakening a rival
He Doesn't have Champions League Pedigree. Yes I know he played with Celtics. But you know what I mean
He isn't an attacking player. Who generally cost more than defensive players.

But either way. I'm going to stop with this argument, as I now believe he is coming to us and generally try to support any player once it's apparent they will become a blue.

So happy to concede :)

I don't understand why he seems to want to go to dippers ? From a career point of view coming to us is the only logical step, worlds no 1 coach with track record of improving players , arguably the best training facilities in world football, not a guaranteed position but, with Vincent now unreliable then as close as your gonna get to a guaranteed starting position , going to a team that is on the Apex of greatness that you could help reach that goal, a club that does right to it's playing staff and protects them what do the dippers and klopp have to offer against that? Oh apart from a season ticket to Blackpool pleasure beach and a candy floss ! The only reason you wouldnt from a career point of view go to city is if you doubt your ability in that team .

Yeah but Milan Škriniar, who no one had ever heard of before a few months ago, moved from Sampdoria for significantly less, so ergo it's way too much. The facts are clear.
Yes! he only listed Milan Skrinnier.
Bonucci
Sanchez
Lindelof
Rudiger
Conti
Sule
Keane
Ake
Howedes
Mustachio
Maksimovic
Wimmer
Toprak
Benatia
Zouma
Maguire
Ginter
Kongolo

Lots of CBs moved. From lots of variety of clubs and lots of different talent levels and club levels. None of them cost over 50 million.

The point here is not hard to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.