Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who do you think you guys might buy instead of Virgil? You don't need to panic as you've got the league sewn up already but for the Champions League you might need another body for the squad. Is Kompany likely to be named in your Champions League squad or is he too risky?

For the record I support Liverpool.
Thanks Bob,welcome :-)

He's not a great player. He has well-known deficiencies and Klopp isn't going to coach those out of him unlike Pep with Otamendi and Stones. Central defence at Anfield is a black-hole and he's been sucked into it.
VvD is our best centre back for sure, how he compares to others in the league I guess time will tell. Please don't underestimate Klopp's coaching ability, his record may not be as good as Guardiola's, Mourinho's or even Wenger's but he has previously had decent success with limited resources. Now that FSG appear to be backing him, the quality of our squad will keep improving I hope. We will be happy this season to get back in the CL and if we do that its money well spent. You guys have the league this season already so I guess you are aspiring to win Big Ears as your next step forward?

VvD is our best centre back for sure, how he compares to others in the league I guess time will tell. Please don't underestimate Klopp's coaching ability, his record may not be as good as Guardiola's, Mourinho's or even Wenger's but he has previously had decent success with limited resources. Now that FSG appear to be backing him, the quality of our squad will keep improving I hope. We will be happy this season to get back in the CL and if we do that its money well spent. You guys have the league this season already so I guess you are aspiring to win Big Ears as your next step forward?

Mate please don’t come on here saying you have limited resources after paying £75m for a CB it makes u look a bit stupid

Last edited:

How come you didn't post on here after we beat you 5-0?

Don't be too harsh on him being the 4th best manager. How do you think you'll spend the rest of the Coutinho money?

I think if Klopp gets the next 2 windows right, Liverpool could be the biggest competition for the league. A few more defensive signings (a defensive midfielder, a goalkeeper and another CB/FB), as well as Keita coming in, that’s a very strong squad.

How come you didn't post on here after we beat you 5-0?
Maybe for the same reason I didn't post after we beat you 4-1 in 2015 at your place? A respect thing maybe?
How do you think you'll spend the rest of the Coutinho money?
What Coutinho money?

Mate please don’t come on here saying you have limited resources after paying £75m for a CB it makes u look a bit stupid
If you read what I said, I was referring to Klopp not Liverpool. At Dortmund he beat Bayern Munich to the Bundesliga title when clearly he had much less resources than Bayern.

I think if Klopp gets the next 2 windows right, Liverpool could be the biggest competition for the league. A few more defensive signings (a defensive midfielder, a goalkeeper and another CB/FB), as well as Keita coming in, that’s a very strong squad.
Sir Joe, I do not disagree with what you say. Keita will be immense for us I think. I have heard rumours of a couple of other signings too which I won't mention here but if they come off then I will be well happy. Man City are the yardstick now which all other English clubs must measure up against and I hope in time we can really compete.

Why this thread is still open ?

Usually threads close when players sign.
He doesn't officially sign until January 2nd 2018. I'd imagine the contracts are tighter than a duck's arse, but nothing is officially official until then, so as it stands, he remains a Southampton player.

Still gutted we didn't get him, but Pep has more than proven over the years he knows best. If he didn't think VVD wasn't worth £75m, I'm not gonna argue with him.

I think most of our wanting VVD is because he looks like Kompany without the pear head. This is much the same reason we wanted Pogba. There's no doubt he has talent, but the fact he looks like Yaya in stature, is why I reckon he was considered the best replacement.

We didn't get Pogba, & Yaya's replacement was already here & looks fuck all like him, so I suppose there's no real need for us to get a Kompany clone either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.