Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to lack concentration and can find himself badly out of position some of the times I have seen him.Another knock it around the back but cant defend merchant.Dont think hes good value either if over 25m.

I said the same about Mangala before we signed him based on his inconsistency but after the Chelsea debut hoped I was wrong.

That said,I also didnt want Stones but he has proved to be much better than I thought.Think he just suffers from having poor full backs around him as Ota does.
Ok,ta.
The only times i've seen enough to judge him.......he's shown good strength,decent technical ability and very good awareness.He looks an intelligent player who is very happy to have the ball at his feet,him and Stones could be very complimentary.

As you state though,any centre half would suffer with our current full back options.

Ok,ta.
The only times i've seen enough to judge him.......he's shown good strength,decent technical ability and very good awareness.He looks an intelligent player who is very happy to have the ball at his feet,him and Stones could be very complimentary.

As you state though,any centre half would suffer with our current full back options.

Hope im wrong if we sign him.....the full backs are a major reason we are struggling,keeper apart

Van Dijyk isnt the answer in my opinion, we should go for a world class cb in the summer, and buy full backs in January

Which world class fullbacks do you suggest we sign in January then?

I never said sign world class fullbacks in January I said we sign a world class center back in the summer, and buy fullbacks in January, just upgrade what we have

I never said sign world class fullbacks in January I said we sign a world class center back in the summer, and buy fullbacks in January, just upgrade what we have

Some would say we're even weaker at full back than we are in the centre at the moment so if we need a world class centre half why wouldn't we need world class fullbacks? Who would you suggest we get in Jan then in the FB positions? Presumably they can't be cup tied for Champs league also.

Some would say we're even weaker at full back than we are in the centre at the moment so if we need a world class centre half why wouldn't we need world class fullbacks? Who would you suggest we get in Jan then in the FB positions? Presumably they can't be cup tied for Champs league also.
I agree but there are no world class full backs available in january, and the only world class fullbacks I can think of are alaba and kimmich. So I suggest we get danny rose, I know we have been linked with him, but I have always rated him, he's cup tied but still. I would also go for leighton baines, or seamus coleman, but there isn't alot available.

I agree but there are no world class full backs available in january, and the only world class fullbacks I can think of are alaba and kimmich. So I suggest we get danny rose, I know we have been linked with him, but I have always rated him, he's cup tied but still. I would also go for leighton baines, or seamus coleman, but there isn't alot available.

Hard to say ain't it?! for what it's worth, I rate Danny Rose highly, think he'd be good at our place, maybe go for him in Summer but Spurs would ask for a lot of money, Baines too old and Coleman is 28 now, would rather someone a bit younger. I just think realistically it'd be tough strengthening our fullbacks in January but would love us to get Van Dijk in to strengthen us in the middle for Premier League matches, guys a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.