Virgin Broadband

No problems with the BT router. Getting a steady 350-400mb via wifi on a 500mb FTTP service with 60mb upload.

Virgin were crap when I had them, they never delivered anywhere near the promised speeds. And that was with my own router too.
If im not mistaken, i think thats because BT use routers provided by either Huawei or Gigaset, who are basically Seimens. Both of those make good brands for telecomms. On the bottom of my virgin hub it says made by Arris, a company i've never heard of.

Using my own kit, i'm getting between 900-1.1gb wired and around the house i've seen between 400 - 700mb wireless.

If im not mistaken, i think thats because BT use routers provided by either Huawei or Gigaset, who are basically Seimens. Both of those make good brands for telecomms. On the bottom of my virgin hub it says made by Arris, a company i've never heard of.

Using my own kit, i'm getting between 900-1.1gb wired and around the house i've seen between 400 - 700mb wireless.

Virgin medias network is all Huawei pretty much. A new hub will be out next year, you not use powerline adapters?

Virgin medias network is all Huawei pretty much. A new hub will be out next year, you not use powerline adapters?
I tried power adapters, worked to a fashion but nowhere near the quality of the BT discs. In addition the adapters stopped working when they changed the hub

I tried power adapters, worked to a fashion but nowhere near the quality of the BT discs. In addition the adapters stopped working when they changed the hub

Depends how good the wiring in your house is too, just had a new rewire so mines decent. But for my PC I use ethernet anyway hate wireless gaming.

Most of the UK telecoms is/was Huawei, their stuff is top notch. But for virgin, the front end routers are not.

I have a powerline, it's ok. The plume pods I have are much better, but obviously you pay for the privilege.

It's fucking rubbish. Had enough of ours. Constant dropouts and goes to shit upstairs at around 7pm til midnight.

Looking into getting my own router and stick their piece of shit into modem mode but I'm loathe to spend cash when it already costs £93 a month for their package

My virgin bb deal coming to an end and going up to 47 a month which feels way to much. Anyone know any good alternative options to virgin? I’m getting 350mg, it’s reliable and never had problems with it but that’s just way to much money. Currently I’ve been paying 33 for it.

My virgin bb deal coming to an end and going up to 47 a month which feels way to much. Anyone know any good alternative options to virgin? I’m getting 350mg, it’s reliable and never had problems with it but that’s just way to much money. Currently I’ve been paying 33 for it.

I've done a lot of shopping around over the last couple of months... But everything I've read suggests Virgin's customer retention deals are supposed to be pretty good, they don't like you leaving?

I've just signed up for one of Virgin's "staff deals" (I'm not staff, but they didn't ever check or ask, I just got the staff sales link off a forum)

Ultimate Volt:
1meg BB
full TV package inc. full sports & 2 boxes
unlimited landline calls
unlimited data sim card from o2
Free installation

£68 per month, but cancelled the SIM card within the first 14 days which brought the price down to £43pm - no other providers could get near it, and BT who I was with, could only offer a maximum speed of 52mb.

Your welcome to the link if you want it, but Its new customers only, I think you'd have to sign up in someone else's name?

I've done a lot of shopping around over the last couple of months... But everything I've read suggests Virgin's customer retention deals are supposed to be pretty good, they don't like you leaving?

I've just signed up for one of Virgin's "staff deals" (I'm not staff, but they didn't ever check or ask, I just got the staff sales link off a forum)

Ultimate Volt:
1meg BB
full TV package inc. full sports & 2 boxes
unlimited landline calls
unlimited data sim card from o2
Free installation

£68 per month, but cancelled the SIM card within the first 14 days which brought the price down to £43pm - no other providers could get near it, and BT who I was with, could only offer a maximum speed of 52mb.

Your welcome to the link if you want it, but Its new customers only, I think you'd have to sign up in someone else's name?
I'd appreciate the link please. I'm literally on the phone to disconnect now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.