Virgin Broadband

My virgin bb deal coming to an end and going up to 47 a month which feels way to much. Anyone know any good alternative options to virgin? I’m getting 350mg, it’s reliable and never had problems with it but that’s just way to much money. Currently I’ve been paying 33 for it.
Phone them and ask what they can do.
Every year i refuse to accept an increase from them and i just ring them, main thing is to be polite and just explain that with all other bills rising you just cannot justify a increase from them for the same thing your currently using and ideally you would like to stay with them than shop around for better deals as your happy with their services.
I had that letter they sent out saying bills going up between £7 and £21 and i rang them and actually got it renewed for a few pounds cheaper than i was paying.

I'd appreciate the link please. I'm literally on the phone to disconnect now.
I've just renewed a 18 month contract. But they were dicks for weeks. As the chap above has said the £69 quid deal is a steal. Not sure how he was able to cancel the sim card as that brought the cost down massively. . Virgin speed is top draw . If your a new customer and do it through top cashback you will get around £150 for free

Getting 136mbps with my Virgin.
IMG_7206.jpeg
Though there’s a few people on the street who will be leaving, as the service can be quite flakey - not good if you are trying to run a business from home.
We have a WhatsApp group (‘virgins of xyz’) for the roads, 45 houses, maybe 10 on virgin.

I've just renewed a 18 month contract. But they were dicks for weeks. As the chap above has said the £69 quid deal is a steal. Not sure how he was able to cancel the sim card as that brought the cost down massively. . Virgin speed is top draw . If your a new customer and do it through top cashback you will get around £150 for free
It's billed separately

£43 to Virgin
£25 to O2

As long as you cancel the sim-card within the first 14 days your sweet.

You'd usually lose your volt benefit (double the BB speed) but it comes with the max 1gig anyway.

It's billed separately

£43 to Virgin
£25 to O2

You'd usually lose your volt benefit (double the BB speed) but it comes with the max 1gig anyway.
Whish I had known that 18 months ago . It was £15 for the sim then . I've just renewed now for £69 with Netflix included but no sim. Happy with that as it's been a good service

I have my Broadband with Virgin and they’re ok. It goes down occasionally but I imagine they all do.

Virgin Broadband can be the best and the worse.
I was with them since the Cable&Wireless/Nynex days until two months a go.

Basically, their broadband was super reliable for me. I hardly had an issue after a terrible install saga.
They tended to offer the fastest speeds and the pricing wasn't too bad as long as you haggled.

However, when you did have a problem OMG! Possibly the worse customer service possible. Bordering on the illegal at times. That was then, it is somehow even worse these days! The ONLY reason i stuck it out was that nobody else offered the speeds they did.
Then there is the router disaster. They knew their routers had a broken "PUMA" chipset. So you would imagine, their next router would solve the problem. Nope, the next router also used the same flawed PUMA chipset!
It is only now, the very latest router finally solves the issues. Yet they are not dishing them out, and that even has firmware issues.

Recently, they adopted a new policy of not offering good deals. And even playing the cancelling game doesn't work.
Their attitude stinks. One rep even goaded me by saying he knew i had no alternatives speed wise, so wasn't fussed about offering me a good deal!
Unfortunately for them, Openreach have finally got their act together, and are rolling out decent speed internet.
So i immediately cancelled Virgin and signed up for one of the Openreach's true fibre optics to the property suppliers.
Not only did i knock £15pm off, i got £350 Shell vouchers and the same 1gb speed. The modem/router is only marginally better (wi-fi wise), but i use a dedicated MESH system anyway.

Now the thing is not all speeds are the same. Apart from a 1ms ping speed (Virgin was around 22ms), all the issues surrounding the PUMA chipset also went.
So surfing/gaming is immensely faster real world as webpages no longer have that slight pause before loading. My kids say their gaming in on another level.

Virgin have a good product really. Just managed and supported very poorly.

Last edited:
To be fair haven’t had any real issues with virgin,although the prices went up end of April I have broadband only was going up to £54 a month so fucked that off and downgraded,only paying £20 a month now and I haven’t noticed any difference in the speed ..

It's billed separately

£43 to Virgin
£25 to O2

Just out of interest, do you know the situation if you try and cancel it after 14 days? Or even, how you go about cancelling it. Obviously you could just cancel the direct debit to O2, but not sure how that would affect your agreement with Virgin?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.