VPN

It is not easy to choose only one vpn service, as the reviews differ a lot. From super positive once to the super negative. Curious if anyone had experience with the PureVPN? Is it good? What pluses/minuses does it have if you compare to the other popular services like Express and Nord. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
For those asking what a VPN is for, This entirely depends on how security minded you are.

At the most basic level all a VPN does is encrypts all the data from your phone so your Internet service provider ( ISP ), or anyone between your device and your ISP cant see what your looking at.

Normal flow of info as an over view.

Your device -> Modem ( if on wifi ) -> ISP, Your ISP goes the website and gets the data to return to you ( the HTML from the website etc ).

with a VPN.
Your device -> your Modem ( if on wifi ) -> ISP -> VPN Provider which then goes to the data and return it.

So, With a VPN, if your ISP looked at what you were looking at ( for example to see if you were downloading movies etc ), all they would see is the VPN provider and none of the other website data your looking at ( so no idea if you have been downloading movies etc ).

For those using a free VPN. All you have done is shift who knows what your looking at from the ISP to the VPN Provider. the VPN will be selling all this on to make money and will be far less secure than not bothering at all as ISP's have laws to follow that the VPN provider wont.

If your going to get a VPN, pay for one. and if your really security minded. pay for a No logging VPN so there's no evidence to trawl through if there are any requests from any governments/agencies.

Nord - Every. Single. Time.
Nord is very good.

My work place is currently using VPNArea which is also good and can supply you a static IP if needed. its rare that something like that will be needed for general users but some businesses will require known IP's to even allow you to access websites etc. a static IP from the VPNArea did that for us.

I could do with some advice on using a VPN to watch the premier league. Iv signed up for the VPN and I'm trying to sign up for peacock sports in the US with my IP address in the US. It won't let me pay with PayPal and I can't pay with a card as it requires a US address.
I also can't seem to access bein sports from Israel or uae IP address. I'm feeling a bit stuck here (technophobe) so any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!

I'm also attempting this and also paramount plus us for chanps league. Got so far as buying $25 google play card to avoid paypal and set up a new american google play account on a 2nd device and even have a virtual American phone number, but am now at the point google want more information about the play card and want various pictures of it along with a us address. Not many loopholes out there! The annoying thing is I know it will work if I can just load the credit, as other free peacock shows are working with vpn.

If any us-based blues have a spare few minutes to help, please dm!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.