Vulcan Bomber flypast this aft.

e9uhrl.jpg

the last flying Fj2 Fury, flying around this afternoon
210eob5.jpg

Corsair flying around this afternoon

Not trying to take away from the Vulcan as it's probably the coolest plane I've ever seen at an air show, just thought I'd throw these pictures in as I was sitting at the bar when they went by today

Incredible documentary about a Vulcans first strike on the Falklands.

Magnificent, boys-own story of ingenuity and heroism. Amazing to think the course of history being influenced shaped courtesy of a £5 pocket calculator and an aircraft part re-assigned from it's role as a crew-room ashtray!

Got told a story when I was in the RAF about a Vulcan and 2 Buccaneers in Red Flag an annual exercise in the Nevada desert. Story was the Vulcan was to fly low on a bombing run and I mean gucking low under 100 foot against the Yanks who had to shoot it down, as the Yanks came over the top and dived down for an easy kill seeing a lone Vulcan it pulled up, flying under neath were 2 bucanners which promptly pulled up shot the Americans down and then all 3 carried onto target. Yanks were not best pleased, I loved Bucanners.

XH558 will be flying at the Rhyl Air Show (!?) August Bank Holiday Weekend

Got told a story when I was in the RAF about a Vulcan and 2 Buccaneers in Red Flag an annual exercise in the Nevada desert. Story was the Vulcan was to fly low on a bombing run and I mean gucking low under 100 foot against the Yanks who had to shoot it down, as the Yanks came over the top and dived down for an easy kill seeing a lone Vulcan it pulled up, flying under neath were 2 bucanners which promptly pulled up shot the Americans down and then all 3 carried onto target. Yanks were not best pleased, I loved Bucanners.
Buccaneers had a big role in first Gulf War in 1991. That was the first time they were used in a conflict since they went into service in the early 60s.

I first saw it at the RAF show in Heaton Park, must have been mid 70's. It flew over low then pulled up to almost vertical and applied full thrust. You could feel the ground shaking. Awesome plane.

I so remember this - me and my mates stood on the old rez at the top of Hollin estate behind the old Gulf garage watching planes fly over / past - by far the Vulcan was the most impressive. It flew in an arc and wheeled low over Langley before us and I swear it looked as big as the entire estate from where we stood - awesome.

I also remember working in London House opposite the cop shop in Midd one warm day and there was a low rumbling that got louder and louder and it was I think three Lancasters or a couple of them and some spitfires but they were flying over Aerospace to celebrate some anniversary or other and that was superb.

I was on Bournemouth beach watching an air show 4 - 5 years ago ad Spitfires, Hurricane and a Lanc - those Merlins roaring were superb but the loudest and best noise went to a Eurofighter Typhoon - you could hear it miles off and at one point he came in low and stood it on its tail and hit the afterburners as it shot vertically God knows how high but it sounded like he was ripping a crack in the very fabric of the sky. people and kids covering their ears and running round shouting - it was actually quite unnerving !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.