Vulcan Bomber

One flew slowly over my school in North Manchester about 30 years ago, and did a few manoeuvres. Something I'll never forget. It was huge, yet so graceful in the air. A jaw-dropping sight for a teenage kid.

The day before I moved away from Manchester in 1971 a Vulcan and the Red Arrows flew over a fair i was at in Heaton Park, a great sight I can still picture. In the 90's went into a cockpit of a Vulcan at an airfield in Warwick, it did not fly but taxied around the runway. The wife's Company was providing gas on the day for some reason and she was there doing some PR work so I tagged along, glad I did.

I passed out my RAF basic training in July 1983 and we officially had a Hawk flypast at RAF Swinderby....

What we had in reality was the Scampton based display Vulcan doing its routine, flying round with bomb doors open and deafening everybody!!

An awesome machine

Attested at Manchester CIO in 1983 next to a guy I still consider a mate today, Dave Ashton who lived on Maine Road!! Now living and working in New Zealand. He used to co-own a data analysis company but now does very well as an intelligence software salesman.....

My lad is on a typhoon Sqn now, they are pretty impressive in their own right

droylsdenblue said:
Went to the Southport airshow yesterday but missed out on the Vulcan that makes its appearance today.It is due to land back in Manchester around 4.10 today so keep your mincers alert for a rare sight indeed!

so why didnt you go today instead of yesterday?? ;)

ps..saw it at shoreham airshow couple of years back..noisy fucker..<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:33 pm --<br /><br />
The Pink Panther said:
Gelsons Dad said:
nimrod said:
when your wanking over these war planes have you ever considered how many innocent kids theyve killed ?

cock.

Your name is that of a nuclear bomber, did you not realise?

I thought the Nimrod was a radar in the sky.

It was an old "Comet" and what a pile of old shite that plane was.

yes the radar that told em where to bomb..

samharris said:
droylsdenblue said:
Went to the Southport airshow yesterday but missed out on the Vulcan that makes its appearance today.It is due to land back in Manchester around 4.10 today so keep your mincers alert for a rare sight indeed!

ps..saw it at shoreham airshow couple of years back..noisy fucker..

-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:33 pm --

The Pink Panther said:
Gelsons Dad said:
cock.

Your name is that of a nuclear bomber, did you not realise?

Ha ha, the only thing that the Nimrod ever dropped in anger was an echo sounder

The Comet however which was the basis for the Nimrod was a lethal weapon in itself, if the plane didn't crash, the engines deafened you or the food served by Dan Air would really finish you off.....Flew on one of the last flights to Tenerife before they went out of service

The Nimrod was a great bit of kit before the salesmen convinced the government that is could do much much more. The version with the big beak was created and it was downhill from there I reckon. It met its match with the AWACS or Sentry cabs from the US

Bluemanc100 said:
samharris said:
droylsdenblue said:

ps..saw it at shoreham airshow couple of years back..noisy fucker..

-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:33 pm --

The Pink Panther said:

Ha ha, the only thing that the Nimrod ever dropped in anger was an echo sounder

The Comet however which was the basis for the Nimrod was a lethal weapon in itself, if the plane didn't crash, the engines deafened you or the food served by Dan Air would really finish you off.....Flew on one of the last flights to Tenerife before they went out of service

The Nimrod was a great bit of kit before the salesmen convinced the government that is could do much much more. The version with the big beak was created and it was downhill from there I reckon. It met its match with the AWACS or Sentry cabs from the US

comet was our first passenger plane I remember..wings fell off one of em..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.