Waldorf

I was there after the game.It was shit. Ended up in Joe's Bar on Oldham Street.
Might go there again next year (and I'm not even African!).

Is Joes bar the one with Adebayor as the barman? thats sort of underground? i ended up in there somehow (if its the same place) was great atmosphere until we was losing and in the 85th minute some fans started trying to put the window through! only for 10 minutes later pure bliss!! Adebayor switched the TVs straight at FT though so i ran over to the Waldorf for the celebrations!!

Outside the Waldorf there was a guy from Norweigan TV - heres the news story he produced and you can see a load of fans outside from 30 secs in, Im the one with the champions scarf! (brought on the way to the Waldorf lol)

<a class="postlink" href="http://svtplay.se/v/2801207/gladje_bland_cityfansen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://svtplay.se/v/2801207/gladje_bland_cityfansen</a>

nu774ll said:
Is Joes bar the one with Adebayor as the barman? thats sort of underground? i ended up in there somehow (if its the same place) was great atmosphere until we was losing and in the 85th minute some fans started trying to put the window through! only for 10 minutes later pure bliss!! Adebayor switched the TVs straight at FT though so i ran over to the Waldorf for the celebrations!!

Outside the Waldorf there was a guy from Norweigan TV - heres the news story he produced and you can see a load of fans outside from 30 secs in, Im the one with the champions scarf! (brought on the way to the Waldorf lol)

<a class="postlink" href="http://svtplay.se/v/2801207/gladje_bland_cityfansen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://svtplay.se/v/2801207/gladje_bland_cityfansen</a>

Swedish tv mate dont confuse the two or you will have a lot of angry vikings on your arse ;-)

Am I the only one who thinks the Waldorf is shit?
Dark, overpriced, miserable bar staff and landlord who always look like they think they are doing you a massive favour taking your money.
Ok - It was probably good on Sunday. But near enough anywhere would have been.
Try it most Sundays after a game - they can't wait to fucking shut early most of the time.

TCIB said:
I was looking for that, nice one.

I see me, Billy Shears, Yaya tony and i think RammyBlue.

I was with you three and I cant see me !!

Also want to say - and remember this the next time you all start to slag him off with the "Cabal" and all that Bullshit.

Billy, with about 10 minutes to go shouted right down my Ear, -

" Remember Gillingham".

TCIB said:

No mention that it was my ribs you were breaking there, tsk ;)

Was good to meet you, yaya, ifiwasarichfan, gazinho, cheers LT it was a sheer delight and thanks for organising it with Billy and again for telling me to "Believe, BELIEVE!" before we got the winner.

Thanks to you all for an unforgettable day.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mackenzie said:
I'd have been there but for the fact that superstition kicked in and decided to watch the match at the same place I watched us in the FAC semi and FAC final.
Now wish I had been there though, have always liked the Waldorf.

You could of met me, you missed out!!!

-- Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 pm --

Trust me. If I had watched it in the Dorf I would have jinxed us. Thus resulting in me punching you not just once but several times.

Repeatedly.

For ever.

;-)

glen quagmire said:
I tried to get there, struggled for time so ended up drinking in the concourse instead. Shame as it sounded great.

Same,got there around 12 and couldn't get close to the bar. Went up to Mary D's and saw the queue outside and thought fuck that. So ended up on the concourse drinking piss in a bottle,the atmosphere made up for it though.

lloydie said:
TCIB said:

No mention that it was my ribs you were breaking there, tsk ;)

Was good to meet you, yaya, ifiwasarichfan, gazinho, cheers LT it was a sheer delight and thanks for organising it with Billy and again for telling me to "Believe, BELIEVE!" before we got the winner.

Thanks to you all for an unforgettable day.

Oh shit, alright mate, where did you end up ?.

Greatest day of my life.

I have seen many more post i met but could not talk to more. Such a mad mad but perfect day.
No amount of money could buy that feeling, not even close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.