Walking Dead series 5

che_don_john said:
One of the things I have always liked about WD is that the zombies are kind of just incidental. They're basically props, part of the environment. In other words, the show isn't really about zombies, it's about people in a post-apocalyptic world (which just happens to be one where there are zombies).

That said, I wish they'd just get back to the themes of power-struggles, revenge, co-operation and survival, rather than dedicating whole episodes to the internal existential quandaries of the show's most boring characters.

I don't know if its old information but I read an article from one of the producers that said " The Walking Dead" are actually the non zombies ie. Rick etc. I thought that was quite clever

Absolutely loves the previous 4 seasons. Didn't quite get into this one as I did the others, when it stopped for mid season break I was hoping that when it started its reignite the interest I had for the show, but the latest just didn't do it for me. As others have said imo it's getting abit laborious for me. Gonna try again next week.

It's a damned sight better than eastenders! And considering it's about zombies far more realistic!!
To be fair it can drag a bit but it's the odd little things in it that make it for me...
Can't remember the names but in series 2 when they opened the barn and the little girl that was missing was in there,or last series when they shot that girl for killing her sister.
I think a lot of programmes would have shied away from that. Just thought it was really powerful and thought provoking

Elbow beards said:
It's a damned sight better than eastenders! And considering it's about zombies far more realistic!!
To be fair it can drag a bit but it's the odd little things in it that make it for me...
Can't remember the names but in series 2 when they opened the barn and the little girl that was missing was in there,or last series when they shot that girl for killing her sister.
I think a lot of programmes would have shied away from that. Just thought it was really powerful and thought provoking

Sophia, Carol's daughter in Hershel's barn..
giphy.gif

[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oshFWgbFBho
[/video]

Dont forget the Governor's daughter and what michonne did to her...
giphy.gif

I know what you mean, very addictive viewing, I never miss an Episode..

giphy.gif

That was better. An episode with purpose, and one that has renewed my interest.

Had it been a third dud in a row then I might have almost been ready to give up on the series, but now I'm looking forward to it again.

anyone know where i can get the whole box set for this, its available on sky to download but the cheeky feckers want paying for something that was on Fox for nothing

It feels like they are testing to see just how boring and mopey they can make it and still have people watch. It needs something interesting to happen soon, or I'll have to ditch it. It's a shame as the first few series were so good, but it's gone so far downhill.

BigOscar said:
It feels like they are testing to see just how boring and mopey they can make it and still have people watch. It needs something interesting to happen soon, or I'll have to ditch it. It's a shame as the first few series were so good, but it's gone so far downhill.
They still can become lumberjacks.

I really enjoyed the first few seasons but feel of late the series has become quite tedious and most episodes almost feel like a chore to get through. Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, etc got the same way.

One issue I have is how the blokes have become so emasculated. Daryl has gone all emo with all his moping, Glen whines all the time, Tyreese has gone from a hammer swinging warrior to a guy who only wants to cuddle baby Judith, and the Chubby Bill Hicks lookalike is about as useful as a one armed trapeze artist with an itchy arse. It won't be long before Abraham has an identity crisis and transforms himself into Richard Simmons and becomes the groups new Yoga instructor.

My opinion is that the show needs a new character like Earl within the group who is a right bastard that creates a bit of conflict. Make things more interesting for the viewer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.