Walking Dead series 5

tommcfc said:
forevermancity said:
What a show, season 5 is unbelievably good! Gets better and better

I'd have to disagree, season 5 has been the worst season of this show by a long way. The addition of some terrible new characters, and not to mention numerous slow burning episodes that offer nothing to the overall story.
The episode with Daryl and Carol was really quite pointless as we already knew the outcome of it from the previous 2 episodes, we knew by the end of it Carol was going to be taken to the hospital and we also knew Daryl was going to be fine and go back to the church to get the others. It was all just filler and the show seems to be losing its direction.
Seasons 1-3 were fantastic and the Governor was such a key factor in making it so good. Season 4 was decent but apart from the first episode of season 5 and last nights episode it's been distinctly shit.
Have to agree with all of this. Just seems to be a attempt to flesh this show out now to bleed every penny out of it. It's losing direction episode by episode and now we are getting 45 minutes of characters kneeling on the ground or scrubbing a floor. First episode of series was brilliant but been fast downhill from there and I'm getting bored and starting to fail to see a point to the 5 seasons

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
tommcfc said:
forevermancity said:
What a show, season 5 is unbelievably good! Gets better and better

I'd have to disagree, season 5 has been the worst season of this show by a long way. The addition of some terrible new characters, and not to mention numerous slow burning episodes that offer nothing to the overall story.
The episode with Daryl and Carol was really quite pointless as we already knew the outcome of it from the previous 2 episodes, we knew by the end of it Carol was going to be taken to the hospital and we also knew Daryl was going to be fine and go back to the church to get the others. It was all just filler and the show seems to be losing its direction.
Seasons 1-3 were fantastic and the Governor was such a key factor in making it so good. Season 4 was decent but apart from the first episode of season 5 and last nights episode it's been distinctly shit.
Have to agree with all of this. Just seems to be a attempt to flesh this show out now to bleed every penny out of it. It's losing direction episode by episode and now we are getting 45 minutes of characters kneeling on the ground or scrubbing a floor. First episode of series was brilliant but been fast downhill from there and I'm getting bored and starting to fail to see a point to the 5 seasons

I have been a huge fan of this genre since Romero's Day OF The Dead film in the 70's. And when this first started I was in nirvana ..... First three series didn't disappoint either. Good characters, storylines and effects.

But it seemed to get bogged down a little when they were stuck in the prison .... And sadly, I have to agree it's now getting like they have ran out of steam and ideas. Too much mumbling speeches (while scrubbing floors, lol) and suchlike .....Poor characters coming in, and some of the best gone now ....

It either needs to find it's way again, or someone needs to put the walker down for good ....

Right, so here's one big problem I have with the last episode (and the series so far as a whole):
When Maggie is told that Beth is alive she is delighted. When she shows up at the end and sees that Beth is dead, she is devastated.

This would have been fine were it not for the fact that Maggie hasn’t said one word about Beth all series! Not one question to Daryl about her. Nothing.

Imagine how much more impact Beth's death could have had if Maggie had been frantically searching for her, only to find her dead when she finally reaches her.

Somewhere along the process the writers made a right balls-up. It's like they completely forgot about their sibling relationship and then tried to rectify it.

They will need to kill off Ricks son soon as he will have gone from a 10 yr old boy to an 18 yr old man with stubble in the shows time frame of 2 years.

Also seeing as this series is set in America why are there no morbidly obese zombies sorry walkers.

markyboyblue said:
They will need to kill off Ricks son soon as he will have gone from a 10 yr old boy to an 18 yr old man with stubble in the shows time frame of 2 years.

Also seeing as this series is set in America why are there no morbidly obese zombies sorry walkers.

Fattuns would be the first ones eaten, a lot of meat so the walkers would go after them first and they wouldnt be able to run away as fast.

very good episode to start the second part of Season 5 but

can't believe they killed off Tyreese or anyone so quickly after Beth

Load of shit... Officially Jumped the shark,
dead characters coming back to explain the plot
... It's gone so poor and is a shadow of the show it once was now! Watched it since day one and always defended it but like I said, it's jumped the shark.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode for what it's worth. Always have enjoyed the TV show and the comics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.