Walking Dead series 5

PSmyth07 said:
che_don_john said:
Another good episode. The show has taken a lot of flack for it's slow pacing at times (particularly series 2 and 3) but I quite like it - you need the lulls to appreciate the intense bits.

What I love about WD is that the zombies are really just incidental, almost a prop. Like all good post-apocalyptic fiction, the story is about the interaction between people and groups - power struggles, human nature, survival, etc. - rather than about why society has fallen apart in the first place

Reading through a lot of the reaction to Episode 2, I'm confused about one thing:
A lot of people are speculating that Bob was bitten in the water (hence why he went outside to cry before they caught him) and that therefore he will 'turn' on the cannibals or merely just infect them. But I thought that very early in the series Rick was told that everyone carries the virus already - it's not the bite that turns someone into a walker, it's dying that does it (like when Shane turned after being shot) - so surely eating the flesh of someone who had been bitten would not do anything? Have I got that wrong or are people just forgetting this?

I don't think it does, I know they're is a scene in the comics just like this and its said by the character (Dale in the comics )but I don't think it actually happens. Also, they've eaten 'infected' meat before.

I kind of thought that they were going to change it because the writers hated the scene in season 1 with the CDC but there has been a couple of occasions where a person has died of illness and they've turned.

No matter how they die they come back as walkers and everyone is infected. The fever caused by being scratched or bit by a walker or eating the flesh of someone who has that fever will kill you, then you turn because your dead not because you were bit.

Another good episode. Its the best thing currently on telly.

I'm surprised that Glen and Maggie have split from the group. Especially after trying so hard to get back together. Can't wait to find out who Daryl has with him. I suspect the next episode will be about what happened to Daryl and Carol whilst Rick and co was dealing with the cannibals

stony said:

I'm surprised that Glen and Maggie have split from the group. Especially after trying so hard to get back together. Can't wait to find out who Daryl has with him. I suspect the next episode will be about what happened to Daryl and Carol whilst Rick and co was dealing with the cannibals
I'm wondering if it might be
the first guy Rick meets, who he gives the radio to (and who showed up at the end of the first episode of this series)?

che_don_john said:
stony said:

I'm wondering if it might be
the first guy Rick meets, who he gives the radio to (and who showed up at the end of the first episode of this series)?

Might be, Morgan is going to show up at some point or why show him, however, the promo of next week showed what happened to Beth after she was nabbed so its most likely her. I think this series has picked things up again, last series wandered a little bit and didnt really go anywhere.

I was shocked when my mate told me the actress that plays Beth is 29, i thought the character was a lot younger.

Just watched the first two epispodes of S5 and its as good as ever i think. I think its been said before, but the zombies are almost irrelevent, a thread that is just always there. Its the people they really have to worry about. Fantastic TV.

stony said:

there's a character coming into it, if they stick to the comics, who makes the governor look like peewee herman look

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
stony said:

there's a character coming into it, if they stick to the comics, who makes the governor look like peewee herman look

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. It has started superbly.

stony said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
stony said:

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. It has started superbly.

yep, i think andrew lincoln is excelling in that role, great screen writing also

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.