WARNING - Parking for City games

supercity36 said:
bluearmy71 said:
Remember the good old days at Maine Road anyone, park down pretty much any street pay a kid a quid to watch your car(only for them to do one) and have no worries like this.Just shows how out of hand clamping has become.

to be fair i think the payment was more for them not to do anything to your car more than them looking after it

goes without saying hence them doing one lol...

Had a gobshite in the car with us at Maine road once and told the mind yer car boys to f**k off, when we came back the side windows were smashed, funny thing though the only thing missing out of the car was said gobshites coat.

Another warning - the flats opposite the ground and next to Adsa, unless you have a parking permit (key holders have 2) now fine you £75.00. I know last season a few people parked in there, and the residents had a moan

There are two ways to look at this. Either:-

You've paid £425 for a day's 'illegal' parking which, admittedly, is a bit much even if you didn't heed the "couple of signs"

OR

You've paid £425 for six years' parking, which sounds like a bargain to me.

Take your pick.

Matty said:
Just a warning for anyone who parks near Ashburys station, on private land at a company called CGB Engineering, don't do it anymore! I've parked there fairly regularly since COMS opened, however today I returned to find my car had gone and I'm left with a £425 clamp, tow and storage fine! They've introduce a no parking rule, there's a couple of signs but if you've parked there in the past then, like me, you wouldn't even think to look for them. Seriously pissed off! They charged me £125 for clamping, waited an hour to come back (something they knew I wouldn't do as they specifically targeted City fans on matchday) then towed me with a £250 fine, plus a daily storage fee of £50. Absolute joke.

Not much consolation i know , but there are a couple of areas near Ashburys where i normally park for free ......

one is behind the confectionary firm opposite Ashburys .... there's a small housing estate there , and a quiet side road (Textile Road) .... i've never had any problems parking there.

And another place is to come up Alan Turing way past Ashburys (to your left) to the junction of Ashton Old Road , turn right there , and first right again ...... it leads to a quiet side street (Whitworth St), which has bollards sealing it off at one end ....... i've parked along there without any problems too , as do many others.

I got clamped in Cheadle a month back ..... it 'only' cost me £80 to get released , but that was bad enough ....... this gang who have clamped you are way out of order charging that much!

BTH said:

You've paid £425 for a day's 'illegal' parking which, admittedly, is a bit much even if you didn't heed the "couple of signs"

OR

Take your pick.
you just don't like people who own cars Noel you twat

Matty said:
Just a warning for anyone who parks near Ashburys station, on private land at a company called CGB Engineering, don't do it anymore! I've parked there fairly regularly since COMS opened, however today I returned to find my car had gone and I'm left with a £425 clamp, tow and storage fine! They've introduce a no parking rule, there's a couple of signs but if you've parked there in the past then, like me, you wouldn't even think to look for them. Seriously pissed off! They charged me £125 for clamping, waited an hour to come back (something they knew I wouldn't do as they specifically targeted City fans on matchday) then towed me with a £250 fine, plus a daily storage fee of £50. Absolute joke.

Pop back in the week and burn the place down. They'll love that.

Do they have gates on the front? If so buy a cheap bike lock and lock them together. I did this with a fencing company that pissed me about. I hoped that it kept them out of action for a few hours!

unsworthblue said:
BTH said:

OR

Take your pick.
you just don't like people who own cars Noel you twat

Hahaha! Not quite true, but I do think it's strange that people spend thousands on a car but are reluctant to pay a couple of quid to park them somewhere securely.

Where abouts did you park, i park in the lay by opposite ashburys station where the burger van is. The woman who runs the burger van thinks she owns the lay by yesterday gave me a right load of grief, left her loads of room to get out called me pathetic when i parked up even though i was miles from her said if she hits my car getting out tough told her to leave her details.she was still there when i went back. Think i'd rather have her giving me grief than a clamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.