Was Gareth Barry the Player You Expected?

He's a good player but needs the right players alongside him to be effective. He has that for England but not for City.

The problem is when you are a good player in a average/ above average team you always gonng to stand out more. When you are playing amongst better players you don't tend to stand out so much. For me Barry is a good player and I have no doubt we haven't seen the best of him yet. Next season you willl see a better Gareth Barry from this season but despite that he is never going to be the stand out player he was at Villa.

Mike D said:
The problem is when you are a good player in a average/ above average team you always gonng to stand out more. When you are playing amongst better players you don't tend to stand out so much. For me Barry is a good player and I have no doubt we haven't seen the best of him yet. Next season you willl see a better Gareth Barry from this season but despite that he is never going to be the stand out player he was at Villa.

I think this is the fairest analysis yet.

-- Wed May 12, 2010 12:30 pm --

des hardi said:
after the abuse of the villa fans... he looked to take a knock in confidence...so to speak..............okaaaaaaaaaay!? ;)

I know exactly what you're saying but having heavy thoughts every game therein after?!!!

It must have been difficult for Barry to go from being hero worshipped at Villa to being the new boy in class at City. Ive said many times before we need a decent song for him.

blue_bird said:
Mike D said:

I think this is the fairest analysis yet.

I'm sure if he has the correct players working alongside him he can only improve..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.