Was the ball over the line?

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...-kick-during-the-barclays-picture-id479058353

Check the photo in this link.
Assuming the ball in that photo of a Leighton Baines corner kick was within the D I'm not sure Mr Martinez has anything to moan about. At a corner kick the ball is stationary and plain for the officials to see - whereas in open play (e.g. the Stirling cross last night) things happen pretty quick. Wrong to criticise the officials in this case. Swings and roundabouts my friend - get over yourself please.

On a tangential point I have seen the stats for the game and they have confirmed what I thought on the night - our players were having lumps kicked out of them all over. City fouls - 5. Everton fouls - 16. One to be proud of Mr Martinez.
Ball doesn't have to be in the quadrant, that corner was fine i hate to say. The ball was out when Sterling crossed but fuck it, who cares. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. Suck it up you scouse twats!

Time to move on its history. Now let's try and make some more on the 28/2. Hate scousers, let shut the other side up with a contentious decision.

Ball doesn't have to be in the quadrant, that corner was fine i hate to say. The ball was out when Sterling crossed but fuck it, who cares. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. Suck it up you scouse twats!
Yep - it probably was. But the fact the replays Sky kept replaying showed the area of the ball in contact with the ground beyond the line does not mean the whole ball was. Martinez should have a bit more class and recognise it was a difficult and marginal call for the officials - rather than blame them for the whole result.
As you say bollocks to the fuss - I just checked again and apparently City won 3-1 on the night 4-3 on aggregate - so I'm happy to take our place in the Capitol One Cup Final, at Wembley, without an Evertonian in sight.

Someone at Sky needs their eyes testing.

Manchester City will play Liverpool in the Capital One Cup final after Sergio Aguero struck late to beat Everton 3-1 (4-3 on aggregate).

Holding a 2-1 advantage from the first-leg, Everton took an early lead through Ross Barkley but goals from Fernandinho, substitute Kevin de Bruyne and Aguero ensured City's progression, who will meet Liverpool in a major final for the first time on February 28.

Everton will feel aggrieved at the decision to award the crucial De Bruyne equaliser as the ball appeared to be a yard over the dead-ball line as Raheem Sterling's cut-back allowed the Belgium international to score.

Ok, the ball was over the line 4 inches max but a yard?

I just don't fucking care whether it was in or out. I don't fucking care about the media missing out on a media wankfest over a merseyside final. I do care that the goal was given and we are in the final of the COC against the grievers. The only thing that matters is that we beat the fuckers, if that is because of some more bad decisions then karma.

Manchester City will play Liverpool in the Capital One Cup final after Sergio Aguero struck late to beat Everton 3-1 (4-3 on aggregate).

Holding a 2-1 advantage from the first-leg, Everton took an early lead through Ross Barkley but goals from Fernandinho, substitute Kevin de Bruyne and Aguero ensured City's progression, who will meet Liverpool in a major final for the first time on February 28.

Everton will feel aggrieved at the decision to award the crucial De Bruyne equaliser as the ball appeared to be a yard over the dead-ball line as Raheem Sterling's cut-back allowed the Belgium international to score.

My lad reminded me about the Spurs 'goal' at O.T. that was a yard over the line. If you recall it was met with humour not outrage. Wonder why?

Wasn't even 4 inches. Sky's agenda involves showing the incident from a camera on the half-way line and it looks way out from that angle. But the law says that the whole of the ball has to be over the line, which means the full diameter of the ball, not just the bit that's touching the ground. If any part of the whole diameter is intersecting the line, it's in play.

When you look at it using a view directly down the goal-line it's much less clear and, at worst, it's millimetres out. It might even be just in as a small part of the ball at the extremity of its diameter might be over the line. But that's from studying a still photo and blowing it up and it's still not 100% clear. So if it's almost impossible to tell from that, how is anyone supposed to know from one view in real-time? And if they're not 100% sure then they can't give it.

Don't fall into Sky's trap.

I watched the game at home as I'm not in the cup scheme and the thought of a 180 mile round trip mid week didn't really appeal to me.

When the ball went in I didn't react as I had already assumed that the referee would not allow it as it was clearly over the line when RS crossed it, but then when it was given I just thought 'up yours you cheating blue dippers' (thinking of the last two games against them).

Delighted that we're in the final - now just want to rub that German's nose in it at wembley

Savage, after the game, suggested that Sterling' s left foot was TWO YARDS over the line. We know Savage doesn't know his arse from his elbow but yards and inches is common primary school stuff, at least it was in the fifties.

The picture in the DT this morning shows the oblique angle again from the main stand camera and I swear the ball has been moved out a further few inches just to give Roberto another moment of 'anger'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.