Was the ball over the line?

Everton message board post sums it up. It was made before the game: January 18, 2016, 01:26:49 AM.

"I bet he was sound with the officials missing the 2 stone-wall penalties Man City should have been awarded against us in the last 2 games though.

Swings and roundabouts. We've robbed City twice after a bad decision in the last 10 days, we get robbed the next game."

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50129.0

Nil satis nisi optimum
nothing but the best is good enough

Most Evetonians I have spoken to have said the same, they have got away with 2 blatant penalties and a dodgy 50/50 offside call against us in the last two games and agree it was very marginal call that went against them but as is typical it is not fare and is typical Everton always close but don't get the luck when needed.

Used to think Martinez was a decent fella, but his whining and moaning are increasing in logarithmic proportion to the joy he is having at Everton recently! I can't stand managers who come out and bleat about every supposed decision that goes against them, but ignore the multitude of decisions they have got...often in the same game!

He's destined to take Everton to the heights to which he took Wigan!

Well they're at Carlisle this weekend... and we're at Villa. If we both get through, we could meet again... swings and roundabouts could come into play and benefit one or none of us...

You sure?

Look at that photo. Is the whole of the ball over the line there? Doesn't look like it is to me. May only be a couple of millimetres but part of that ball is within the white line.
Yes I think that's out but it really is only a couple of mm. The ref, lino and Sterling would have to have superhuman vision and be able to see a hummingbird's wings flap in slow motion in real time to know for sure.

Last edited:
Well they're at Carlisle this weekend... and we're at Villa. If we both get through, we could meet again... swings and roundabouts could come into play and benefit one or none of us...

Come on Curly Wurly!

Yes I think that's out but it really is only a couple of mm. The ref, limo and Sterling would have to have superhuman vision and be able to see a hummingbird's wings flap in slow motion in real time to know for sure.
Even with video technology I am not sure that would have been called out. I think the benefit of the doubt would have gone to the attacking team, because the overhead shot looks like part of the ball was still in. So basically I am saying that Martinez is complaining based on dodgy evidence.

You sure?

Look at that photo. Is the whole of the ball over the line there? Doesn't look like it is to me. May only be a couple of millimetres but part of that ball is within the white line.

Cheers for showing that PB. I had an Evertonian mate bending my ear last night, who couldn't get his brain around the notion that you still had to factor the diameter of the ball into the equation with the angle Sky (deliberately) insisted on showing. Good to have it confirmed that if the ball was out at all (and I'm far from convinced that it was), it was by the length of a gnat's cock! I can feel a ranting article coming on. Bitter cnuts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.