Was the ball over the line?

I'm glad it was out, even if it was proved to be in, id still say it was out, just to wind up all the other bitter fans haha. I'm very spiteful.

Used to think Martinez was a decent fella, but his whining and moaning are increasing in logarithmic proportion to the joy he is having at Everton recently! I can't stand managers who come out and bleat about every supposed decision that goes against them, but ignore the multitude of decisions they have got...often in the same game!

He's destined to take Everton to the heights to which he took Wigan!

He's a ****. Navas 'penalty' never mentioned and as for the Sterling one, which everybody in the world could see, I've never seen one clearer. Instead of saying they got away with one like most managers (or didn't see it) he said it was a good decision.

It's not reasonable to expect the linesman to see that last night, so he can fuck right off.

Direct quote from a character in 'The Searchers':

Haw haw haw.

Oh and as for the OP - you weren't on absinthe were you mate?

Everton message board post sums it up. It was made before the game: January 18, 2016, 01:26:49 AM.

"I bet he was sound with the officials missing the 2 stone-wall penalties Man City should have been awarded against us in the last 2 games though.

Swings and roundabouts. We've robbed City twice after a bad decision in the last 10 days, we get robbed the next game."

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50129.0

Nil satis nisi optimum
nothing but the best is good enough

On the match thread they are claiming City fans were attacking the Everton coaches.

Used to think Martinez was a decent fella, but his whining and moaning are increasing in logarithmic proportion to the joy he is having at Everton recently! I can't stand managers who come out and bleat about every supposed decision that goes against them, but ignore the multitude of decisions they have got...often in the same game!

He's destined to take Everton to the heights to which he took Wigan!

This for me also.
How they can complain when they have had 2 stonewall penalties not given in our last 2 games, a 50/50 offside call going in their favour and a foul not given in the build up to their goal last night, plus getting away with murder re fouls is embarrassing. Lost all respect i had for Martinez.
The stuff we should have been awarded was largely ignored/laughed at by the media and pundits, watch now the outrage from the 2nd goal last night in comparison

Karma is a woman.

No mention anywhere about the two penalties we should have had against these lot in our last two games against them.

The linesman was on the other side of the pitch so wouldn't have been able to spot that the ball was out.

On the match thread they are claiming City fans were attacking the Everton coaches.
Haha! I've just read a bit of GOT and saw that thread. It didn't look like that from where I was standing - which was right by them as they snarled and screamed in whiny high pitched voices before punching said fences really hard.
There were a few things thrown from both sets of fans and if anything escalated it, it was the gobshite police who steamed in making it worse.

The commentary for the game was some of the worst I've heard as well.
To be fair to the match commentators I had, might be different to the UK, but they were pretty straight in calling it a marginal decision, impossible to tell and it could have gone either way.
Michael Gray on the other hand at half time was the usual, the foul on Aguero was good to see the ref play on, although he came through the back of the striker refs can't give every foul need the game to flow.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...-kick-during-the-barclays-picture-id479058353

Check the photo in this link.
Assuming the ball in that photo of a Leighton Baines corner kick was within the D I'm not sure Mr Martinez has anything to moan about. At a corner kick the ball is stationary and plain for the officials to see - whereas in open play (e.g. the Stirling cross last night) things happen pretty quick. Wrong to criticise the officials in this case. Swings and roundabouts my friend - get over yourself please.

On a tangential point I have seen the stats for the game and they have confirmed what I thought on the night - our players were having lumps kicked out of them all over. City fouls - 5. Everton fouls - 16. One to be proud of Mr Martinez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.