Was the ball over the line?

Sky must not be involved in any shape way or form in disputed decisions involving technology.
Bent, corrupt and biased towards their cash cows
When the torys allow murdoch to buy the rest of the company things will only get worse.

The linesman and referee just made a "mature decision", what exactly is the problem here? Or are incorrect decisions only mature when they go in Everton's favour?

the Sky bias reached a new level. The sterling cross, which they hijacked Pellers after the match with, was in but they ignored the evidence. Sorry but I don't know how to post tv coverage but during the game all the replays looked like the ball was out until they showed a line cam from the stand, straight down the line and it clearly shows ALL of the ball was NOT out. They only showed this once and never showed it again in any replay or discussion. I really hate Sky

I love the idea that the entire editorial team at Sky have concrete evidence that the ball didn't cross the line but are deliberately withholding it because they don't like City.

That's football forum logic at it's finest ;-)

Wasn't even 4 inches. Sky's agenda involves showing the incident from a camera on the half-way line and it looks way out from that angle. But the law says that the whole of the ball has to be over the line, which means the full diameter of the ball, not just the bit that's touching the ground. If any part of the whole diameter is intersecting the line, it's in play.

When you look at it using a view directly down the goal-line it's much less clear and, at worst, it's millimetres out. It might even be just in as a small part of the ball at the extremity of its diameter might be over the line. But that's from studying a still photo and blowing it up and it's still not 100% clear. So if it's almost impossible to tell from that, how is anyone supposed to know from one view in real-time? And if they're not 100% sure then they can't give it.

Don't fall into Sky's trap.

My view entirely. You've only to look at a corner, right under the lino's nose, and see the base of the ball sitting outside the quadrant and a good few inches hanging inside it! The RagDipperMeedya want an 'injustice', they want a situation where they can report that we didn't progress on merit. Funny how so many decisions from previous EFC matches are totally ignored that either have a goal chance chalked on them or one that negates a given score!

I love the idea that the entire editorial team at Sky have concrete evidence that the ball didn't cross the line but are deliberately withholding it because they don't like City.

Its nearly better than the Fa, refs and scudamore having secret lets stop man city meetings.

I assume you know the laws of the game and that the whole of the ball has to have crossed the line? The only way you can tell that is by looking down the line so showing a view from the half-way line deliberately makes it look more controversial than it is. And we know that Sky thrive on creating controversy, whether that's City-related or not.

A great injustice (or a mature decision) took place last night, preventing an all-Miseryside final.

I shall propose a toast to that decision in the pub near Wembley on the day of the final!

Up yours, Martinez, Karma's a real woman.

The ball went out but fuck me the media are letting everyone and his dog know about it.
Even you must be a little surprised how little credit we seem to be getting for what was a fantastic game in which we fought back from 2 down.

I assume you know the laws of the game and that the whole of the ball has to have crossed the line? The only way you can tell that is by looking down the line so showing a view from the half-way line deliberately makes it look more controversial than it is. And we know that Sky thrive on creating controversy, whether that's City-related or not.

Every game has a story, and the story of this game is the controversial goal. But trust me, the idea of withholding proof is utterly laughable. Pencils in the ear, talking to lampposts laughable. If Sky "withhold" their proof, BT Sport will grab it and show it and make Sky look a bit silly.

I haven't seen anything on telly. I'm just commenting on the ridiculous notion being peddled in the original post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.