Was the ball over the line?

0ea34988cdb0fae3e3de1d82135a417a.jpg

28 pages!
Who cares. We won.
We get some decisions that go against us and we get some that go for us (unless you're totally paranoid)

Marvin I agree with you 100%. Grass being visible between the 'base' of the ball and the line doesn't prove it was out - only an aerial view would settle this. Think of the images produced by Hawk Eye in tennis.
For the record, I think it was just out but it was marginal, and the decision made was not unreasonable at all.

Sorry pal but you are just plain wrong about this. Get yourself a ball and try it if you don't believe me. There is no parallax so long as you look down the line, from above, below, high up, low down - it doesn't matter. So long as you look along the line. As I say, try it.

This is basic geometry, not rocket science.

(To be completely accurate, if you were only 2 feet from the ball (literally), then being directly overhead could make the ball appear on the line when in fact it was out. But we aren't discuss that are we.)

Haha I can't believe there's a debate on this. Yes it was out, a couple of inches just and hard to tell in real time but there's been a million replays where it's bloody obviously out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.