Was the ball over the line?

On the subject of lines...

12573711_852561034841807_6519141835477760316_n.jpg

The current goal line technology would sort that out. Surely the camera looks down the line and not just between the posts. What about someone showing that footage.
Yes, that should work. Not seen it. Perhaps that was not that conclusive in other words it was in! I think it was out, but like others have said there were other moments of controversy and taking it all into account, City deserved to go through. The Sun photo evidence is not 100% proof though because of the angle from which it was taken although that's just my limited opinion.

Well I am talking about a ball in the quadrant of a corner. Everyone knows that a corner is OK as long as some part of the ball hangs over the line. My point is that if you look at a shallow angle, you could see grass between the ball and it's point of contact (the pole of the sphere) and yet the equator of the sphere could yet hang over the line.

This is a parallax effect. If you look from overhead you could see the ball in play, but if you view from the narrow Sun angle it would look like it was out of play. The only way to conclusively prove that the Sterling cross was out of play would be to view from overhead, a view we don't have.

I know what parallax is mate, I mentioned it in my reply.

With regard to the Bains corner, I agree, you'd need to see it from above to be certain because we are talking about a curved line.

With regards to the cross, you're not listening to me. It makes NO difference whether you look down the line or from directly overhead. There is no parallax in play in either case, and either position will correctly show whether the ball is in or out. As I say, try it for yourself. Get a ball and a piece of string or whatever. It will take you 2 minutes to realise I am right.

That looks reasonably conclusive I have to say. But it's so close the ref and assistant didn't have that view so we got the benefit of the doubt.

Like any of us give a fuck.
The shadow of the ball makes the edge of the line look a bit to the right and the edge of the ball is a bit fuzzy and not pin sharp like the hawkeye mockups.

Thought martinez was going to demand a replay or at least play extra time - and city 10 men, no kdb as he'd gone off.

Well I am talking about a ball in the quadrant of a corner. Everyone knows that a corner is OK as long as some part of the ball hangs over the line. My point is that if you look at a shallow angle, you could see grass between the ball and it's point of contact (the pole of the sphere) and yet the equator of the sphere could yet hang over the line.

This is a parallax effect. If you look from overhead you could see the ball in play, but if you view from the narrow Sun angle it would look like it was out of play. The only way to conclusively prove that the Sterling cross was out of play would be to view from overhead, a view we don't have.

Marvin I agree with you 100%. Grass being visible between the 'base' of the ball and the line doesn't prove it was out - only an aerial view would settle this. Think of the images produced by Hawk Eye in tennis.
For the record, I think it was just out but it was marginal, and the decision made was not unreasonable at all.

I am not sure how everyone seems to have come to the conclusion that if the ball did go out of play and the goal had been disallowed that Everton would have won the tie? Of course we will never know what happened if.......but City might have gone on and scored 3 more goals, this whole thing is a load of bollocks. The fact remains that over the two legs City were the better team (though not at our best for 75% of it) and whilst as we know that doesnt always mean winning a football match it surely negates the need to call for inquests, execution of referees and a period of national mourning because on this occasion it has denied/saved the nation from the all Merseyside cup final that Sky, Talkshite, the media, were going to milk for all it would have been worth whilst indulging in several weeks of furious group masterbation.

Argument over. Lock the thread.

3-1 reflected the scoreline of mistakes
  1. in the first leg Kevin Mirallas whipped Jesus Navas' leg from under him inside the area
  2. Sterling was chopped down in the league game by John Stones, without a penalty
  3. Then the swipe of the arm aginst Sergio Aguero that began the move from which Ross Barkley scored the opening goal
  4. Navas being smashed across the knee late on?
versus... Sterling's cutback cross.

"big clubs are getting the decisions again" just is a way to say your club is not big - yawnnn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.