Was the ball over the line?

I thought it was a brave decision.

Mature from the linesman, something Martinez always appreciates.

I think its just out but why cant they show the camera view that is directly looking at the line? They did first thing last night and its close and just like every corner taken these days but of course they wont do that, they will use cameras from funny angles and low down to stir the controversy.

First leg nailed on penalty and their first last night after a clear foul on Kun means im not that arsed.

We're talking about the Sterling cross and not the Bains corner, right?

If so, then no, you're mistaken. What causes things to appear wrong sometimes is parallax error. So long as you look directly down the line, you eliminate parallax error. You do not need to be looking from overhead - it makes no difference. Try it if you don't believe me!
Well I am talking about a ball in the quadrant of a corner. Everyone knows that a corner is OK as long as some part of the ball hangs over the line. My point is that if you look at a shallow angle, you could see grass between the ball and it's point of contact (the pole of the sphere) and yet the equator of the sphere could yet hang over the line.

This is a parallax effect. If you look from overhead you could see the ball in play, but if you view from the narrow Sun angle it would look like it was out of play. The only way to conclusively prove that the Sterling cross was out of play would be to view from overhead, a view we don't have.

fnz_oldtraffordlinemarkings.jpg

mignolet2.jpg

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/26/liver...-again-with-stupid-mistake-v-burnley-5000253/

It does not matter whether the ball was in, out, up or down. The fact is the referee awarded a goal. All them dicks on $ky, Talkshite and the rest, especially Martinez can go and do one. We had two clear penalties NOT given for us against Everton, I didn't see them mard Arses moaning then, they weren't given therefore no goal could be given.

In fact i think it is brilliant that the ball was out of play just to see Martinez crying after the match. I am just upset that he didn't whinge about Sterling being offside for the first because his pain would have been worse. Ha fookin' Ha.

Isn't it so that for offsides there is an "in dubio pro reo" rule. In case of doubt it is not offside. Is it perhaps simply the same in this case? Ref and lines man could not see that it was out (we can't even judge it with 100% certaincy based on the photo and film evidence), so consequently they decide it was in. Nothing to discuss I would say. The decision was correct.

Not been through this whole thread but looking on the BBC gossip page it shows an image from the back page of The Sun. It looks like it has been "photoshopped" to appear more out than other images I've seen. It wouldn't surpise me with that trash! Anyone else seen it?

I was at the match almost online with the goal line, as Sterling approached I thought he wont get that, but his speed surprised me and I thought he had just kept it in, on the far side of the line. It was certainly a marginal call and media and others saying it was "obviously" out, (implying bias by the officials), are misrepresenting the decision.

As Stuart Pearce said on Talkshite this morning , if the officials aren't sure they can't give it.. Happens in games every weekend and Martinez et al need to wipe their clunges and move on..

Just as we had to after the OS goal in leg 1

Well I am talking about a ball in the quadrant of a corner. Everyone knows that a corner is OK as long as some part of the ball hangs over the line. My point is that if you look at a shallow angle, you could see grass between the ball and it's point of contact (the pole of the sphere) and yet the equator of the sphere could yet hang over the line.

This is a parallax effect. If you look from overhead you could see the ball in play, but if you view from the narrow Sun angle it would look like it was out of play. The only way to conclusively prove that the Sterling cross was out of play would be to view from overhead, a view we don't have.

The current goal line technology would sort that out. Surely the camera looks down the line and not just between the posts. What about someone showing that footage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.