Was the ball over the line?

Unnoticed? Referees see EXACTLY what they want to see, I'm convinced of this. A push/foul ON a City player (e, Aguero) is waved away, but a similar action BY a City player is an immediate free kick.

It happened on at least 4 occasions last night. Right at the end, Navas was kicked right in front of us, and Atkinson again waved play on, letting them build a frantic attack.

It's all too obvious. (And I'm serfectly pober as I'm typing this, with my blue-tinted glasses around somewhere, but I've forgotten where I put them.)

I completely agree mate. There's some refs and linesmen who are straight for sure and sometimes just get it wrong. But without one tiny shadow of a doubt, some of them are bent. Not in the "taking a bung" sense of being bent, but just that they want one team to win and not the other and will deliberately officiate in a biased way to try to achieve the desired outcome. The only thing reigning them in (sometimes) is if they make it too obvious they might get found out and suspended.

The linesman on the nearside last night was an absolute disgrace. It wasn't only the Aguero foul, it was the throw in that Silva kicked against the Everton player but he gave to them, the Aguero offside early on, when in fact he was level and I forget the others but there were several.

Haha

CZ0iSpWWIAEBPoe.jpg

Yes, that's exactly the image I was trying to convey earlier.

That's as maybe Marvin, but you were saying that you have to be above the ball to tell. And that's wrong. You just need to be able to see straight down the line.

Imagine a golf ball on a table and you are trying to see if the ball is touching the table or is in fact sitting on 3 grains of rice, and is 1mm above the table.

Looking at the table from anywhere above the table, you can't tell. But get your eye level with the table, and you can tell. And it doesn't matter whether you look from the left side, or the back or the right or the front. Anywhere in the line of the table top and you can see whether the ball is touching or not.

Same thing with the footy. Anywhere looking straight along the line and you can see whether the ball is touching the line or over it.

Not posted in a while - too much going on personal wise - but SSN have very short memories. They conveniently appear to have forgotten that back in September, playing the Hammers at home, a clearance from Kolarov was ruled by the lino to be over the line, leading to a corner from which they scored their first goal, when replays showed it wasn't over the line and the corner shouldn't have been awarded.

It seems that if the decision goes against City, that's ok and just deal with it, but if it's in our favour, they're like a dog with a bone!

Also as regards Sterling and the first goal, how on earth was he interfering with play? The ball was deflected over his and the goalie's head. If the goalie is on his line, it's an easy save and we're all berating Dinho for a piss poor effort on goal! Still, karma is a wonderful thing and it's about time we got a bit of luck - let's hope it's a sign of things to come. (I think we might need some while MP is in charge!)

Probably was out. Couldn't care less. In the first leg we had a stonewall penalty turned down, and one of their goals was offside. Aguero was fouled before their goal last night. So let's rewrite the record books: we won 4 - 1 on aggregate, assuming Kun converts the penaly at Goodison. Seems like a fair reflection to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.