Was the ball over the line?

Not sure I agree. Please explain why East and West isnt lying on the ground outside the North and South stands from where you have no way of seeing if the ball is in or out.

As I have a free moment or two, I've sketched this for you:

29l0580.jpg

1. is a ping pong ball on table and as you can see, from that angle it is impossible to tell whether it is touching the table or not.

2. Is the same thing, with the table top at eye level, so you can clearly see the ball is not touching the table.

3. is the same thing again, showing that it doesn't matter where you view from, so long as your eye is level with the table top.

4. is the Sterling incident as viewed from the Sky coverage, demonstrating you cannot tell from there whether it is in or out.

5. Is the Sterling ball, viewed down the line - it's clearly out.

6. is a representation of this imaginary table superimposed onto the football pitch sideways. Remember you can look at the ping pong ball from anywhere at eye level to tell if it's touching. You can look at the Sterling cross from anywhere on this imaginary table top to see if it's touching the by line or not. You can be pitch side, or up in the air, it makes no difference. So long as you are level with the by line.

Not quite sure what you're getting at!

I don't think it was an error by the officials as they would have been guessing. That doesn't stop it being against the laws of the game.

It might just be that the lino never got into 'Was it over, was it in?' mode. If he didn't then there wasn't a decision to make. If there wasn't a decision to make, then how could he have got it wrong. This is gonna be discussed long and hard in every university philosophical department for months, particularly Sheffield.

It might just be that the lino never got into 'Was it over, was it in?' mode. If he didn't then there wasn't a decision to make. If there wasn't a decision to make, then how could he have got it wrong. This is gonna be discussed long and hard in every university philosophical department for months, particularly Sheffield.

Ah, thank you.

He'd to have been to some kind of Superspecsavers to see it from 60 yards away and an elevation of about 5' 6".

Under normal circumstances I'd be happy to hold my hands up and say we've got away with one but considering the 2 stonewall penalties we were denied in the other 2 games against them in this "trilogy", I'm more inclined to say fuck 'em and I wish the ball had been so far over the line that Sterling was actually in the fucking family stand when he crossed it to De Bruyne!
City use massive balls - curvature of spacetime

As I have a free moment or two, I've sketched this for you:

29l0580.jpg

1. is a ping pong ball on table and as you can see, from that angle it is impossible to tell whether it is touching the table or not.

2. Is the same thing, with the table top at eye level, so you can clearly see the ball is not touching the table.

3. is the same thing again, showing that it doesn't matter where you view from, so long as your eye is level with the table top.

4. is the Sterling incident as viewed from the Sky coverage, demonstrating you cannot tell from there whether it is in or out.

5. Is the Sterling ball, viewed down the line - it's clearly out.

6. is a representation of this imaginary table superimposed onto the football pitch sideways. Remember you can look at the ping pong ball from anywhere at eye level to tell if it's touching. You can look at the Sterling cross from anywhere on this imaginary table top to see if it's touching the by line or not. You can be pitch side, or up in the air, it makes no difference. So long as you are level with the by line.

No 6? I don't remember anyone dragging a table tennis table into the Everton penalty area!

Ah, thank you.

He'd to have been to some kind of Superspecsavers to see it from 60 yards away and an elevation of about 5' 6".

I wonder if there are any animal experts on BM this morning. I'm just wondering whether PiGMOL could train up a few eagles or owls who could fly up and down the wings instead of humans. Their eyesight is a lot better I believe. One problem might be the line of shit up and down the touchline, though. I suppose it would make a change from the shit spread all over the pitch by the referees!

A question for any techno bodys asking for goaline techno on the other lines .
In the goals its just a set size rectangle to monitor the ball crossing.
On the other lines the ball could go out 100 ft up for a corner/goal kick would it even work ?
Just giving this a bump ,has any one got any ideas

I wonder if there are any animal experts on BM this morning. I'm just wondering whether PiGMOL could train up a few eagles or owls who could fly up and down the wings instead of humans. Their eyesight is a lot better I believe. One problem might be the line of shit up and down the touchline, though. I suppose it would make a change from the shit spread all over the pitch by the referees!

There's a thought. Ashley Young would be well-fed.

It might resolve Old Trafford's mouse problem as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.