Was this our strongest team?

didactic said:
Balotelli is part of our strongest team. Look how much faith Mancini puts in him in a must win tough match. He started with him ALONE. When wil blues understand?.

really? It's hard because they're both great players but Balo just doesn't have the potency of Aguero. Yet.

Jumanji said:
No.

But it was probably the best tactical set-up for this match.

That's more the point here.One real striker in the team was the right way to approach this game irrespective of who that player was.Mario got the nod as it was time for him to get on the pitch and give Aguero a rest but without doubt the best striker we have is Aguero.

And if that was Mario playing well he definitely is just a squad player. He put some effort in but was largely inneffective giving fouls away or being iff side.Missed two very good chances but did play a big part in the equaliser.

Best for this tough away game, but we can play with two forwards and an extra attacking midfielder at home or against lesser opposition.

As much as De Jong is back to his best I would play Milner instead of him and Play Balo left with Aguero up front. Nasri would miss out. But yeah, I think we have a very strong 14 if you include De Jong, Dzeko and Nasri.

I don't think we have a strongest starting 11, We have the strongest squad in the league in my opinion, Different types of players that suit certain opposition we come up against. The team last night was perfect to face Porto.

Jumanji said:
No.

But it was probably the best tactical set-up for this match.

This.

Milner has been very good while Yaya has been away but he doesn't fulfil all of the elements of Yaya's role. I suppose Nasri (when in form) possesses the attacking threat of Yaya (albeit in a different way) and Jimmy has the holding, tacking qualities. But Yaya is the one who does them both together.

I think Bobby would ideally play Mario wide instead of Nasri last night and have Sergio upfront and then maybe Jimmy instead of Nige. I'm glad he put in that extra defensive cover for the away leg though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.