Was this our strongest team?

Mancio said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Jumanji said:
No.

But it was probably the best tactical set-up for this match.

That's more the point here.One real striker in the team was the right way to approach this game irrespective of who that player was.Mario got the nod as it was time for him to get on the pitch and give Aguero a rest but without doubt the best striker we have is Aguero.

And if that was Mario playing well he definitely is just a squad player. He put some effort in but was largely inneffective giving fouls away or being iff side.Missed two very good chances but did play a big part in the equaliser.
ATM i think aguero is a better player than balotelli but if you play 4-2-3-1 he doesn't has the ""PHISIQUE DU ROLE"" , mario do.
Aye, Mario is the best we have at lone striker.

Also, at lone striker, I'd prefer him over Aguero for another reason too. He's a bit like Aguero and Dzeko combined if that makes any sense. I mean in that he has both decent speed, and because of his height will always be an aerial threat.

He's the most well rounded for the lone striker role.

de niro said:
bluebannana said:
I think with milner in it would be our strongest team

This.
It's really strongest 13 if you consider kun and jimmy in for balo and nasri, can't split that lot.

aguero over balo?ah ah ah,just because he scored yesterday?it's not like he came in and did some type of incredible wonder goal,he did the easiest type of goal possible,the goal should have been awarded to yaya toure lol.c'mon,be serious

didactic said:
Balotelli is part of our strongest team. Look how much faith Mancini puts in him in a must win tough match. He started with him ALONE. When wil blues understand?.
^This^ all day

Strongest line up apart from changing Aguero for Balotelli.

My top eleven in order of preference on the team sheet

1. Hart
2. Silva
3 Yaya
4 Aguero
5. Kompany
6. Richards
7. De Jong
8. Lescott
9. Clichy
10. Barry
11. Nasri

I thought the line up was about right for an away game but the "strongest team" will always change depending on the circumstance.

As has been said, Balo is the best option for lone striker. So when we play 4231 he's the 1 and you need 2 of the 3 behind him to be from Silva, Nasri and Kun. The other one needs to be yaya. With this combination then the 2 holding men should be NDJ and GB.

The only question about the back 4 for me is left back. I tend towards AK but last night I would probably gone with Zabaleta. Clichy is a kind of compromise between the 2. I'm not a big fan of Lescott but he is the best option to pair with VK at the moment. Strong defending but naive on the ball.

If we play 442 then I like Milner on one flank and Silva coming in from the other. I think Kun and Balo or Kun and Dzeko works better than Balo and Dzeko although I would like to see them together against a weak defense.

Yaya should always start when fit so I would stick him either as second striker or center mid in 442. Maybe even try him at CB with VK!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.