Was this the story pulled earlier? Mancini V Tevez {merged}

Those of you saying "this is press bullshit and we should sue em" are totally naiave.

It has obviously happened. There may be some exageration of course but there has been a bust up. And it's far from the first between the two.

For the record I actually agree with Tevez and I respect him for having the balls to come out and say it.

Newcastle were there for the taking and we kept Johnson and Ade on the bench and filled the side with tacklers.

In the scheme of thigns, though, I do agree that these things happen in dressing rooms and in isolation this is not the end of the world. It's just another slightly worrying story. But if the management can channel this sort of passion in the right way we might be OK.

I agree with most things. And I respect your opinion on the tactics, no, not really, I respect your right to have that opinion and your right to express it as you see fit.

That's cos your a fan, and not the captain. It's pretty obvious to me, Tevez forgot himself. Manager sets the tactics, captain sets the standard for the players and leads by example.

Standing up in front of everyone and blaming the tactics straight off, is probably exactly the wrong thing to do. It's sort of an excuse, a distraction, when there was an awful lot of straightforward sloppiness in that first half that had to be sorted out if anything was going to work. Thankfully, to the players credit, they did, they made a very professional stab at it right from the start of the second half. Mancini then sorted the tactics out with what appeared to bewell timed changes. Everybody does their own job, not the other guy's.

Mancini obviously went too far in what he said, but despite Danny Taylor's best efforts to make it appear like Tevez is still fuming about it from halfway across the globe, one way or another, just about all the other stories said it was worked out. The Telegraph says Tevez straightened it out with Mancini during the half time break.

As far as I can see, Tevez straightens it out with Mancini, he knows what's expected of him, and Mancini apologises for the family insult neatly by giving him another day off to see his daughter. Everyone gets three points and ten days in second place, the papers get what appears to be a bad news story but might actually be testament to the strength, determination and courage of our dressing room... I'll take it.

I'd love to think this was all part of the end of us being a soft touch, or a club where players can sleepwalk through their time here... time will tell.

Honestly? Part of me thinks it's hilarious, I'd love to have heard them go off. I've seen Roberto lose it on the touchline for Inter, he is quite impressive when he really gets going. Tevez as well. And the look on the faces of some of the other players... I just have a weird sense of humour I guess.

I've been banging on for ages about how many games they've played in the last three months, they looked shattered in that first half. a bit of a barney is a good way to get the adrenaline going for the last 45 minutes, then you have some time off (and, perhaps just as well, time apart). but don't do it on a regular basis lads, you will wear yourselves out.

Still, I'm concerned that someone thought we would like to know about it, because their confidence in each other depends on confidentiality.

All I can say is, if it was management, they are probably absolute idiots. If it's a player or an ancillary, I bet the selfish little tart was scared shitless by the sight of two driven, fearless people who weren't about to back down. that's what real men look like honey, take a good look. they aren't about to abuse the confidence everyone places in them.

"Mancini entered the dressing room after his players and heard Tevez saying something he didn't like. (....................?) City's Italian manager then made a comment of his own (.......................?)and Tevez jumped up from his seat to confront him. Words were exchanged (.........................?)and other members of the team and backroom staff had to intervene."

the missing words are all 'vafangool'

I'm not one for WUM's but this is a true story, confirmed to me this morning by a current city player (and a thoroughly nice young chap).

Tevez did look incredibly frustrated and sulky during the first half. In the space of about 2 mins he smashed the ball into the advertising boards after being isolated yet again during an attack, and then left a leg in on their keeper after he had been skinned by him, picking up a yellow. It looked like he could well have ended up getting himself sent off at some point. So i can certainly accept that there was a "bust up" of sorts. But i don't accept the newspapers' version of how that "bust up" was played out.

ssg2 said:
I'm not one for WUM's but this is a true story, confirmed to me this morning by a current city player (and a thoroughly nice young chap).

who should know better than to speak about what goes on in the privacy of the dressing room.

Gelsons Dad said:
ssg2 said:

who should know better than to speak about what goes on in the privacy of the dressing room.
TBF he was chatting to his best mate who lives 2 doors from me, I was just being a nosey git and having a laugh with him.
Doesn't sound like its a happy camp but as others have said as long as you are winning it doesn't really matter, a manager shouldn't be liked anyway.

Chick Counterfly said:
Those of you saying "this is press bullshit and we should sue em" are totally naiave.

It has obviously happened. There may be some exageration of course but there has been a bust up. And it's far from the first between the two.

For the record I actually agree with Tevez and I respect him for having the balls to come out and say it.

Newcastle were there for the taking and we kept Johnson and Ade on the bench and filled the side with tacklers.

In the scheme of thigns, though, I do agree that these things happen in dressing rooms and in isolation this is not the end of the world. It's just another slightly worrying story. But if the management can channel this sort of passion in the right way we might be OK.

I agree with most things. And I respect your opinion on the tactics, no, not really, I respect your right to have that opinion and your right to express it as you see fit.

That's cos your a fan, and not the captain. It's pretty obvious to me, Tevez forgot himself. Manager sets the tactics, captain sets the standard for the players and leads by example.

Standing up in front of everyone and blaming the tactics straight off, is probably exactly the wrong thing to do. It's sort of an excuse, a distraction, when there was an awful lot of straightforward sloppiness in that first half that had to be sorted out if anything was going to work. Thankfully, to the players credit, they did, they made a very professional stab at it right from the start of the second half. Mancini then sorted the tactics out with what appeared to bewell timed changes. Everybody does their own job, not the other guy's.

Mancini obviously went too far in what he said, but despite Danny Taylor's best efforts to make it appear like Tevez is still fuming about it from halfway across the globe, one way or another, just about all the other stories said it was worked out. The Telegraph says Tevez straightened it out with Mancini during the half time break.

As far as I can see, Tevez straightens it out with Mancini, he knows what's expected of him, and Mancini apologises for the family insult neatly by giving him another day off to see his daughter. Everyone gets three points and ten days in second place, the papers get what appears to be a bad news story but might actually be testament to the strength, determination and courage of our dressing room... I'll take it.

I'd love to think this was all part of the end of us being a soft touch, or a club where players can sleepwalk through their time here... time will tell.

Honestly? Part of me thinks it's hilarious, I'd love to have heard them go off. I've seen Roberto lose it on the touchline for Inter, he is quite impressive when he really gets going. Tevez as well. And the look on the faces of some of the other players... I just have a weird sense of humour I guess.

I've been banging on for ages about how many games they've played in the last three months, they looked shattered in that first half. a bit of a barney is a good way to get the adrenaline going for the last 45 minutes, then you have some time off (and, perhaps just as well, time apart). but don't do it on a regular basis lads, you will wear yourselves out.

Still, I'm concerned that someone thought we would like to know about it, because their confidence in each other depends on confidentiality.

All I can say is, if it was management, they are probably absolute idiots. If it's a player or an ancillary, I bet the selfish little tart was scared shitless by the sight of two driven, fearless people who weren't about to back down. that's what real men look like honey, take a good look. they aren't about to abuse the confidence everyone places in them.

"Mancini entered the dressing room after his players and heard Tevez saying something he didn't like. (....................?) City's Italian manager then made a comment of his own (.......................?)and Tevez jumped up from his seat to confront him. Words were exchanged (.........................?)and other members of the team and backroom staff had to intervene."

the missing words are all 'vafangool'

It's a reasonable post amongst a sea of shite.

These things happen. You're right the captain shouldn't undermine the manager publicly but if he does, the manager has to be seen to win. If it means telling him to fuck his mother then objective achieved.

The most encouraging thing about the story is that they went off and sorted it.

That's the right way to play it.

flb said:
Gelsons Dad said:

The snidey shit needs flushing out once and for all
It wasn't him that leaked the story, he was just saying what happened.

Lancet Fluke said:
Only just seen this story. I'm not surprised by it all and believe it (not necessarily every detail but the broad gist). Tevez looked so pissed off in that first half, his body language was poor, in fact I thought most of the team looked the same. The bloke sat next to me even said he thought something had gone on as so many players looked so down. It was noticable that Tevez went out of his way to shake Mancini's hand though, there was someone stood between them and he could easily have avoided him but he made a very deliberate decision to go to see Mancini. Hopefully it is all sorted but it isn't exactly what you want to hear.

Tevez looked seriously peed off for the entire first half, and the goal celebration didn't look too clever from where I was sitting - a thinly veiled two fingers at Mancini for expecting him to do everything on his own, while leaving Ade on the bench and not giving RSC a chance.

But, if you listen to Kidd's comments, maybe it wasn't all that bad. Sounds like everyone got it off their chest, everyone showed passion and desire to win, but disagreed on tactics. Tempers flared, Tevez & Mancini made up, and Tevez looked a lot happier second half.

It's not great to hear, but maybe it's just part of modern football. Huge stars on huge salaries, who know they have the power to confront the manager. The Chelsea team 'confronted' Ancellotti about his tactics and he changed them.

Would he have gone 4-4-2 for a while in the second half without the incident? We'll never know.

The bigger question is ... There must have been 25 people max. in that dressing room. Who's speaking to the Daily Mail?

My guess is, it's the same person who fed The Mail a story to unsettle Tevez last year - Kia Joorbachian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.