Wasps coming into my house?

mcfcmatt

I need a bit of advice if anyone knows anything about this?
Over the last month we have had wasps coming into our house when all the windows doors have been shut. Somehow they are getting in.
Every single day there is around 6-10 wasps that we have to kill.
Most of them are really docile and easy to get rid of, a few today were dive bombing.
We must have a nest? in the roof? but I've read that the nests should be dead this time of year and the only surviving wasps are Queens?
It's a bit strange for this time of year? it's been near freezing over the last week.
I've rung the Council and they are sending someone to have a look tomorrow.
Just seems a bit odd?
And no it's not Bobby's fault!

Sounds daft and obvious, but check your loft. Failing that, check right near all the windows which are open at any time during the day. I had a similar problem, turned out to be right next to the bathroom window, hid in the drain pipe fixings. Little cunts Wasps serve no purpose.

Cold weather.

Depending upon species, all but the queen will eventually die.

And for all you wasp haters, do some research. They're amazing creatures.

i know this has nothing to do with your problem but me and my dad were attacked by a swarm of bees once.

mcfcmatt said:
davymcfc said:
i know this has nothing to do with your problem but me and my dad were attacked by a swarm of bees once.

I think that's got to be my worse nightmare!
luckily i didnt get stung they just kept on flying in to me head first. my dad got stung all over! shit me up at that moment.

Sure it's not Bobby's fault?

I thought I read the other day him critisising their mentality, and saying only dive bombing twice doesn't make them the finished article.

Could be wrong though?

you dont expect them to stay out in the cold if you've got a nice warm house do you?

We're currently studying parasitic wasps as a bio-pest control strategy to tackle Whitefly on plants.

These little bastards are hardcore. Lay their eggs inside the whitefly larvae and you can guess the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.