Wasting money on expensive items

I get that, and I respect it.

I'm just not into the whole expensive fashion accessory/conversation starter/status symbol element of watch owning.
Fair play trev, watch geeks can be boring, snobby, even downright rude.
I'm more into the history and engineering of it really.
I've never viewed a watch as a fashion accessory or jewellery.
It was originally designed as a tool, and that's how I look at them.

Fair play trev, watch geeks can be boring, snobby, even downright rude.
I'm more into the history and engineering of it really.
I've never viewed a watch as a fashion accessory or jewellery.
It was originally designed as a tool, and that's how I look at them.
Likewise.

Pretty revolutionary invention.

Thankfully my daft expenditures has always been on antiques. So at worst can always sell.

The problem is people conflate designer branding with quality and it’s not the case.

Spend £1500 on an Armani suit and the same on an unbranded but bespoke tailored suit and the difference in quality of materials, fit and finish are far superior on the bespoke suit.

That’s maybe an extreme case but is a lacoste polo shirt any better made than one from Next ? Nope you’re just paying for a little crocodile badge.

One of the few exceptions to the rule for me is shoes. Generally they don’t go out of fashion quickly and a good pair of Church’s will last many years.
It is well known as being called snob value.

Snob value doesn't exist in industrial markets or business to business as they started calling it in the mid 90s.

Mum Kasey Akram spoils her childJareem just a bit.Its in the sun so could be crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.