Watch WC Presentation Live

JoeMercer'sWay said:
England won't win.

Sad to say but i agree, i think it will go to Russia. They really pushed the eastern europe never having a world cup well. I genuinly believe we have the best bid and presentation but you know how these things work.

really really hope i am wrong though.

without a dream said:
SWP's back said:
Yeah mate, to break even from the event in terms of costs Vs income.

But that is totally seperate to jobs creation and the impact on the wider economy as a whole in terms of tourism, foreign monies etc is something else. Read the above sources in terms of the last 3 hosts:

?

The last 3 hosts are a developing nation for whom spending $3.5 billion would be a hugely significant and 2 extremely well developed nations in an economic boom time, Britains GDP grew by 2.7% in 2006.

So you don't think it would give the economy a boost? Despite the 6 articles I linked before?

Fair enough.

I still want the world cup.

We had no chance of winning this from the start the whole process and fifa are just so corrupt and the hatred for england as a country and a footballing nation runs too deep.

Out of Spain and Russia I would rather Russia had it - Spain had the world cup in the 80s and the countries in a financial mess. With them ready to take bailout money from the rest of europe why should they be rewarded ?

Glad the BBC and Telegraph got our retaliation in first at least we can be smug and say told you so now.

Apparently they are not even going to disclose the votes allocated per round to what countries. Its all down to who pays the biggest bribes and takes it in the ass the most from Fifa at the end of the day.

Who has the best bid and what is right decision for the game doesnt come in to this at all. If it did we would win easily.

Even Fifa admit that England would put on by far the best worldcup out of the bid nations. Best stadiums, best transport links, loads of hotel accomodation, stable financially and politically. Little crime or violence. Guranteed every game would be a sell out even the pub sides because its our national game and people will watch anything football related over here.

Guranteed it would be pretty much the best world cup ever but that really does not come into it.

SWP's back said:
without a dream said:
?

The last 3 hosts are a developing nation for whom spending $3.5 billion would be a hugely significant and 2 extremely well developed nations in an economic boom time, Britains GDP grew by 2.7% in 2006.

So you don't think it would give the economy a boost? Despite the 6 articles I linked before?

Fair enough.

I still want the world cup.

Me too.

if not us i hope belgium/holland win it. it wont happen but think they could put on a cracking world cup. on another point, if spainportugal get it, will the nou camp (being in catalonia) be used as a world cup ground? and if so who hosts the final, nou camp or bernabeu?

supercity36 said:
if not us i hope belgium/holland win it. it wont happen but think they could put on a cracking world cup. on another point, if spainportugal get it, will the nou camp (being in catalonia) be used as a world cup ground? and if so who hosts the final, nou camp or bernabeu?

Bernabeu.

I hope Qatar gets 2022. If the US, Korea, or Japan get it, then thats a bit of a joke. I have a weird feeling Korea will get it, they said if they do, then North Korea will host some matches, and that could swing it in their favour. I can't imagine them being particularly chuffed at the idea of a load of foreigners coming to their top secret state....

jay_mcfc said:
All the rumours are it is Spain/Portugal that has won. I've just had a big ten on
Bit out of the blue, that?

Favourites have been Russia and England for a while now. I'd be surprised if anyone else is in with a sniff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.