Watford (H) | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Foden poor. Walker poor. Stones poor. Gareth Southgate has coached their skills out of them!
I'm no fan of southgate, but he's not done anything to them in reality, I don't think Phil really knew what his role was tonight, but he didn't excel in most of what he did, Stones had virtually nothing to do other than baby sit the youngster, not sure he did much wrong, Walker similarly didn't have much to do, but played similar to how he has in other games so far.

The game all the 'accross the 6 yard box' crosses are hit, and get by and its the game without a striker. Even a half decent one is walking away with that match ball.

False 9 still sucks.

Last edited:
Thought Phil was pretty dire unfortunately and it's been a bit of a slow start to his season which is understandable.

We've got some very exciting wingers in Doku and Savinho and also looks like Grealish has picked up a bit of urgency in his play last few games.

You have to think the off field issues with Walker are affecting him, his head doesn't look in it at all with a lot of mistakes/rash decisions.

McAtee didn't really show too much either but still had a solid showing.

I know a lot of people don't rate Nunes but theres genuinely something about him that I love watching, his forward runs and the way he glides with the ball is great at times. Still hoping he becomes the player we wish he was.

All in all a fun night!

Ps. Anyone know why there was an absolutely large amount of German? Fans throughout the stadium starting their own chants etc

Thought Phil was pretty dire unfortunately and it's been a bit of a slow start to his season which is understandable.

We've got some very exciting wingers in Doku and Savinho and also looks like Grealish has picked up a bit of urgency in his play last few games.

You have to think the off field issues with Walker are affecting him, his head doesn't look in it at all with a lot of mistakes/rash decisions.

McAtee didn't really show too much either but still had a solid showing.

I know a lot of people don't rate Nunes but theres genuinely something about him that I love watching, his forward runs and the way he glides with the ball is great at times. Still hoping he becomes the player we wish he was.

All in all a fun night!

Ps. Anyone know why there was an absolutely large amount of German? Fans throughout the stadium starting their own chants etc
It will have been twente fans waiting for tomorrow. Wondered what was happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.