Watford (H) | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Not sure what the fuss was about Grealish tonight. It was the same old, slow the game down, circle foot over ball and nonchalantly dink it into the full back's legs for the most part.

Rico was our best player by a long, long way. Savinho showed some great stuff after his introduction and Nunes had a great first half. Braithwaite did himself proud for somebody many had never even heard of before today.

It was a really concerning performance from Foden and I was very disappointed in McAtee. These are the games that he needs to shine in if he wants to make it at City and he just never took a hold.

Thought Phil was pretty dire unfortunately and it's been a bit of a slow start to his season which is understandable.

We've got some very exciting wingers in Doku and Savinho and also looks like Grealish has picked up a bit of urgency in his play last few games.

You have to think the off field issues with Walker are affecting him, his head doesn't look in it at all with a lot of mistakes/rash decisions.

McAtee didn't really show too much either but still had a solid showing.

I know a lot of people don't rate Nunes but theres genuinely something about him that I love watching, his forward runs and the way he glides with the ball is great at times. Still hoping he becomes the player we wish he was.

All in all a fun night!

Ps. Anyone know why there was an absolutely large amount of German? Fans throughout the stadium starting their own chants etc
They were Dutch Twente fans warming up before their guys beat manure tomorrow

Rico and Grealo were pristine. Nunes and Doku goals! 5 academy players in the starting lineup with Wright off the bench. Foden got some well needed minutes. Savinho quite excellent. 16 year old making his debut.

Was Walks our worst on the pitch?

Thought this, looks like he’s accepted his fate here. Says it all when the others were trying to get him to smile after his goal.
Just got back from the game with my City supporting missus & our 14 year old son.
Have to say we were all pretty astonished that Nunez got man of the match.
He had a strange game. He seemed to disappear for long spells of the match, often did little with the ball when in possession, but scored one & on another day could have scored 2 or 3 more with slightly better finishing/good saves from watfords keeper.

We all thought Rico Lewis really stood out along with the young defensive midfielder O’Reilly, who was having a great game upto his substitution.

Watford were absolutely terrible upto scoring & then it seemed as if City panicked a bit & kinda lost the plot for the last 10 mins or so.
It was an enjoyable but kind of odd game overall.

I was impressed with mcatee didnt break for him 2nite but he picks up some great positions
Yes, agree with this. I thought at times he was guilty of dwelling on the ball a little too long (Grealish was another) but he certainly got into some great positions & at times, created problems for watford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.