Watford (H) | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

View attachment 132858

City through

As opposed to ArseAnal, at least Watford came to play & they gave us a game, albeit we dominated & were comfortable until Tom Ince's brilliant left foot curler into the top left corner. It was a hairy last 9 minutes, as Watford gave it their all trying to cause an upset.

Doku got us off the mark & looked lively, & I'm happy for Nunes getting his first goal, but what was with the face like a slapped arse after?

View attachment 132861

Nunes has had enough chances to impress since his arrival, but has been pretty much average. He was acting like he was pissed off because he should be playing every week. His shit reaction won't endear him to many fans.

My MoTM was Zico. He was quietly efficient, didn't put a foot wrong & made football look easy.

View attachment 132862

Savinho fizzed when he came on, & I'm gutted his full length of the pitch run & effort on goal ended with the ball hitting the post.

View attachment 132863

When I saw the line-up, I thought "Braithwaite who?". Never heard of him, but this must be the greatest night of his 16 years to make his debut for City at the Etihad. I thought Watford's disallowed goal was borderline OK tbh, but luckily for us & Braithwaite the ref ruled it out for the overly aggressive shove which led to the decent finish.

We're through to the next round, & several players got a good run out, including McAtee, O'Reilly & Wright. Roll on Newcastle, & here's hoping for some positive news regarding Rodri's injury.
Braithwaite had a very difficult first 35 mins, which was not surprising at all given his age & making his debut, but he certainly grew into the game & you could see him becoming more confident as the game played out. Overall, he did really well.

Anybody else notice the two groups of around thirty fans singing very load foreign songs and clapping obviously supporters of another club. But celebrating both our goals and no trouble at all. Must of been 60+ in total. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.