Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else fearing that Watford will put in the performance of the season against us? I see that Leicester reverted to type last night after doing just that on Sunday. You could say the same about Spurs, Southampton, Middlesborough etc. It it that we let them play that way and make them look good or do they genuinely raise their game against us? I'm interested in people's thoughts.

We are now the team everybody wants to beat and they all raise their game against us.

We are now the team everybody wants to beat and they all raise their game against us.

Why only us? Chelsea are top of the league - why do teams not want to beat them? Is is the fear factor? Had we won the Everton and Middlesborough games then teams might be saying 'they did everything right to frustrate City but still lost - why even bother' whereas they may now be thinking 'we can get something here'. Conversely, West Brom tried to frustrate Chelsea and largely succeeded but still lost and hence the fear factor is still there with them. Maybe I just answered my own question.

I agree Marv. And I believe that we will. I am very confident we will see a powerful reaction from the players after the debacle of the Leicester game.

I hope you're right mate.....the players have looked befuddled & scrambled by Pep's requirements in some games.

Time for basics,simplicity & pragmatism. Not Pep's cup of tea ?

Surely we have to play four at the back tonight. Keep it tight, keep it solid and keep it simple, score early, get the crowd going. If in doubt hoof it out and win the ball back.

Not feeling to confident about this one, perhaps the confidence was kicked out of me against Leicester, wondering where the goals will come frame as well :-(

Possession counts for fcuk all if we can't put the ball in their goal, and stop conceding in ours.
If we can't get a positive result for us in this game, we are going to be knocking about with the rags down in 5th/6th very soon.
The defence is actually atrocious and teams are actually looking forward to playing us, knowing that they stand a very good chance of a win. We need to sort this out sharpish.

Always like this game (first ever City match was vs. Watford) but I'm not confident today. Fearing another dull score draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.