Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why only us? Chelsea are top of the league - why do teams not want to beat them? Is is the fear factor? Had we won the Everton and Middlesborough games then teams might be saying 'they did everything right to frustrate City but still lost - why even bother' whereas they may now be thinking 'we can get something here'. Conversely, West Brom tried to frustrate Chelsea and largely succeeded but still lost and hence the fear factor is still there with them. Maybe I just answered my own question.

Nowt to do with fear.
City have invested big to reach the top of the tree, players are very well paid (relative to other teams pro's) and supposed to be the best money can buy. The manager is supposed to be the best in the business as well.
Any pro worth his salt is gonna up their game against us and every manager wants to outfox Guardiola, sometimes to the detriment of their next game. A good example of this is the Liverpool game towards the end of our title winning season. Every last one of their players pulled their tripes out for 90 minutes 'cos they wanted to beat us so badly. They got the result but the energy and spirit they expended wasn't seen again for the following 4 or 5 games and they lost the league.

lot of negativity in this thread up to now.....Big performance tonight, i can see us turning it on and a clean sheet too. 3-0 City!

Have you looked at the truly attractive betting odds for a Watford victory tonight? For example, another 2-4 result goes for 200/1 which seems crazy to me. Nice consolation if our defence fails yet again.

Have you looked at the truly attractive betting odds for a Watford victory tonight? For example, another 2-4 result goes for 200/1 which seems crazy to me. Nice consolation if our defence fails yet again.
Corals have an offer on: 28/1 for a City win. Downside This is just for new customers signing up. Not sure of the detail. Was just driving past their shop.

We need some stability and you only get this with a settled team, however this is not Pep's way of doing things and i have no doubt we will see more changes tonight.

I'm expecting something along the lines below.

----------------------------Bravo------------------------------------

Sagna----------Stones-----------Otomendi---------------Clichy

------------Fernando-------------------Yaya-----------------------

------------------------Gundongan---------------------------------

Sterling------------------Nacho---------------------------Nolito

The midfield is a toss up as he may swap any of them with Silva or KDB.

I'm expecting a tight game but a better performance, Troy Deeley to look like Messi and a melt down in both the post match and Bravo threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.