Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She, dear!!

If any of you had bothered to read my post properly you would have noticed that I said about the players being scared of doing anything without looking over to the sideline for instructions, once the player is on the pitch he should be able to get on with the game, yes the manager should be able to give instructions, but not micro-management. As for the managers you mentioned I don't actually watch them, apart from Mancini and he didn't micro-manage, I support Manchester City!!
I understand what you mean Eccles,i only watch on the telly but i see him speaking to john a lot,i have wondered if directing him so much puts him off his game or he looks too much for direction and not enough of his own instincts

Watford are 7th. A decent team.

But fuck me sideways, there are some wet fannys on here. We are team who should be challenging for a title. If we are getting concerned about this type of home fixture we might as well down tools.

We make a statement tonight. No half arsed attitude. Win the fucking game and win it big.

She, dear!!

If any of you had bothered to read my post properly you would have noticed that I said about the players being scared of doing anything without looking over to the sideline for instructions, once the player is on the pitch he should be able to get on with the game, yes the manager should be able to give instructions, but not micro-management. As for the managers you mentioned I don't actually watch them, apart from Mancini and he didn't micro-manage, I support Manchester City!!

He is teaching them how to play a system.

They are all students at the moment, and you're basically saying he's wrong for teaching them instead of letting them continually make mistakes.

Absolutely nothing to be gained from not correcting them, and when they have mastered it they won't need as much instruction.

And the young players especially have really stepped into it. Stones is constantly correcting his partners, and Sané was giving instructions to Kolarov when he was drifting out of position against Chelsea.

There's no sign at all that it's stopping them from managing themselves as well.

I understand what you mean Eccles,i only watch on the telly but i see him speaking to john a lot,i have wondered if directing him so much puts him off his game or he looks too much for direction and not enough of his own instincts

Ever since I came back from Canada I noticed that they always seemed to be looking over toward the sideline and it was a few games before I cottoned on to the fact that they were all doing it so I started to watch that very carefully and realised that Guardiola was telling them where to throw the ball for throw ins and pointing to where they should kick it for corners etc.

I had thought it was just me but then last night on Blue Tuesday a caller mentioned it and I felt vindicated!! :-)

As for people saying other fans are 'turning on' Guardiola, I hope that I am not included in that. I said from the beginning I would give him time and I am doing just that, people have differing opinions, that's what the forum is all about. I also said that I do not blindly follow, people have to prove themselves be they managers, coaches or players and I give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. Come May I will tell you how I feel about Guardiola until then he needs to get on and get the team back to winning form. IMHO (which is as valid as anyone else's)

Our support is no different to anyone elses,it consists of people from every walk of society,as such its bound to attract a percentage who have a higher degree of self entitlement and/or a lack of patience - not for one minute did i think any other scenario would be evident should we hit the rough patch we're currently experiencing.

I look forward to the next part,the humble pie chapter ;-)

I may indeed be naive but I am looking forward to the next part as I am optimistic of Pep's ability to turn us into a dominant side.

Sadly there are clearly a number of slapped arses who are showing themselves to be as bad as the Rags in so far as they expect everything to go smoothly from the off and expect the league won by Christmas.

Apart from the corruption and shit refereeing performances, ruining my enjoyment of the game, some of the posts on here are just downright pathetic and disappointing.

I tend to agree. Some are taking a more measured approach and just conveying their disappointment with recent results. However, there are definitely some right bellends droning on about his failings right now.

I know what you're saying. Actually, the general consensus on the board last season was that we would struggle this year due to the squad he was inheriting. Most of us could name no more than 3 or 4 that were "Pep players". But I think the frustration is due to the start we made, followed by a regression to Pellegrini football. Had our season been flipped the other way - yet still on the same points - we'd be happier. It just feels like we're becoming less of a Pep team every week rather than getting better. I think that is the greatest gripe people have.

That's fair. I just wish more had this level perspective.

We need a big win to raise our confidence.

I'm gonna push the boat out and say Clean Sheet, 3-0, with Bravo oulling off a couple of absolute Worldie's.

No, I haven't been drinking!

Paddy Power just refused to give me odds on City spending the first 5 minutes pratting about at the back with the ball. Then Watford taking it off us and sticking it in the net. Said they had seen Pep's press conference and had closed that book.

Paddy Power just refused to give me odds on City spending the first 5 minutes pratting about at the back with the ball. Then Watford taking it off us and sticking it in the net. Said they had seen Pep's press conference and had closed that book.
I would say something that rhymes with "luck doff" but I am a gentleman... most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.