Wayne Bridge

Matty said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
In no way is he even close to the worse player to ever play for us

Danny Mills by a country mile.

But to the OP let me ask, your employer offers you X amount per week on a 5 year contract beyond your wildest dreams. You accept.
After 18 months your employer realises you need replacing but you can only find work else where for a lot less. Would you take the vast reduction and go elsewhere or say ''I have a 5 year contract at X amount regardless if you want me or not?''

I know which one I would do!
I can certainly see that argument, however football is a bit different, whilst he'd earn less money elsewhere he'd actually get to play football, and possibly even win a thing or two. I guess it all depends whether the money or the success is more important to you. Lets face it, wherever he ended up he'd still be on a ridiculously high wage by normal standards.

I guess but when he already has quite a few medals and knows he isn't the player he was you are going to maximise your income for as long as possible

Wayne wasn't that bad, just an decent/average player that must have thought he won the lottery when he signed for City on £90,000pw....(according to the papers)

Can hardly blame him, good luck to him, football is a short career....

Shame it didn't work out. I remember being convinced we had made a good signing and telling people he was one of the best defenders in the league. Yes I think he did hold out for as much money off us as possible but maybe his poor form was something to do the whole John terry saga.

I find it amazing the money we paid for him however how many of us were over the moon when the likes of him, Ade etc signed for us. We were in dream land and for that i cant have a dig at him or any other player

I'm sorry but of all the fucking dross I've seen over the last 38 years, no one, and I mean absa-fucking-lutely no one, even remotely comes close to Laurent Charvet or Nigel Clough.

Adrian Heath, Danny Mills, Alan Kernaghan, Tony Vaughan, Jamie Pollock, Mikel Frontzeck, Kare Ingebritsen, Graham Baker, Barry Silkman, Barry Siddall, Barry Conlon, Martin Phillips, Antonine Sibierski, Giorgios Samaras, Bernardo Corradi and the countless other shower of wasters, misfits and useless tossers that have scandalously been allowed to pull on a City shirt over the years are ALL veritable Lionel Messis by comparison to the absolute disgraceful, layabout, inept, lollygegging, cannot be fucking arsed, are you sure you are a footballer son, pathetic, is this what we've really come to, fucking shite performances regularly witnessed from that pair of reprehensible, oxygen thieving cunts.

And breathe.

Detest players like him. Happier to keep wages rather than make most of playing career, ambition to get rich rather than successful on the pitch. Turned down loan to Celtic to play in our reserves rather than move to Glasgow for a season.

Primadona who's in the game for riches than legacy. I have more time for the Kevin Phillips of this world and it pains me that Bridge will retire the richer man.

Wayne Bridge already had enough money to live forever a life we can only dream of with what he had earned when he realised he wasn't going to being playing for City.

Take a pay cut and play Premier League football again or stay in our reserves on more money? He choose the latter. I would have chose playing.

strongbowholic said:
I'm sorry but of all the fucking dross I've seen over the last 38 years, no one, and I mean absa-fucking-lutely no one, even remotely comes close to Laurent Charvet or Nigel Clough.

Adrian Heath, Danny Mills, Alan Kernaghan, Tony Vaughan, Jamie Pollock, Mikel Frontzeck, Kare Ingebritsen, Graham Baker, Barry Silkman, Barry Siddall, Barry Conlon, Martin Phillips, Antonine Sibierski, Giorgios Samaras, Bernardo Corradi and the countless other shower of wasters, misfits and useless tossers that have scandalously been allowed to pull on a City shirt over the years are ALL veritable Lionel Messis by comparison to the absolute disgraceful, layabout, inept, lollygegging, cannot be fucking arsed, are you sure you are a footballer son, pathetic, is this what we've really come to, fucking shite performances regularly witnessed from that pair of reprehensible, oxygen thieving *****.

And breathe.
You forgot Gerry Creaney.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.