Wayne Bridge

kippaxchris said:
So glad hes gone as in my opinion he was the worst player i have seen in a City shirt and he is obviously a money grabber. He stayed at City and let his huge wages run out which is fair enough but he went on loan to teams like Sunderland, West Ham & Brighton when he could have lowered his wages and signed for a big club like Celtic and played Champions league football against Barcelona and Juventus then to top it off he has clearly turned Brighton down and joined Reading who have just received a lot of money from Premier League relegation for money! He was in no way worth £12 Million or the 90k a week we gave him for 4 years and i have honestly never been happier to see a player leave our club.

There isn't enough time in the day to dissect the inaccuracies in your post.
I must also applaud you on your use of grammar and punctuation. Never has a post on here left me out of breath before.

kippaxchris said:
So glad hes gone as in my opinion he was the worst player i have seen in a City shirt and he is obviously a money grabber. He stayed at City and let his huge wages run out which is fair enough but he went on loan to teams like Sunderland, West Ham & Brighton when he could have lowered his wages and signed for a big club like Celtic and played Champions league football against Barcelona and Juventus then to top it off he has clearly turned Brighton down and joined Reading who have just received a lot of money from Premier League relegation for money! He was in no way worth £12 Million or the 90k a week we gave him for 4 years and i have honestly never been happier to see a player leave our club.

Are you taking a paycut at your job then? Fucking grow up. You wouldn't take a paycut either, regardless of the 'love of the game'. He was a better defender than Kolarov and that's a fact. Would you like a medal for 'idiotic thread of the day'?

He was better at mirroring his winger and that's all. Kola is much better in every other regard, he actively looks for danger and makes good tackles and the occassional important clearance.

I think my problem with Bridge is that this is a player for a while who displaced Cole in the Chelsea line up, but to all intents and purposes was useless for us. The number one feature of his game was crossing - he was remarkably reliable. For us there was a stat where after a couple of years he had made something like one cross that actually found a team mate.

He turned in two or three decent performances for us where you could see he was actually a decent player. The rest of the time it's hard to describe how poor he was. I remember seeing him, under no pressure, take a bad touch, take another two to get it into his feet, look up to make a pass, and then he appeared to have lost track of where the ball was, it took well over a second before he got it out of his feet to play.

There's simply no excuse for this sort of sloppiness - loss of form doesn't cut it. he was as bad as Jo was upfront. I am happy that both are playing half-decently again but it doesn't change the fact both of them went backwards at a rate of knots for us with no discernable reason whatsoever. They didn't suffer injuries and got starts. Both had colorful lives off the pitch during their stay so it's natural people link that to the lack of professionalism in their performances on the pitch.

I don't get the 'would you take a pay cut in your job?' Wayne Bridge already has enough poke for 10 life times and should be doing what he enjoys. If I was totally loaded I wouldn't be arsed about wages I'd be doing something I like.

Bridge preferred being a reserve for City than say going to play for West Ham or Villa. His prerogative.

minnesota blue said:
kippaxchris said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Danny Mills by a country mile.

But to the OP let me ask, your employer offers you X amount per week on a 5 year contract beyond your wildest dreams. You accept.
After 18 months your employer realises you need replacing but you can only find work else where for a lot less. Would you take the vast reduction and go elsewhere or say ''I have a 5 year contract at X amount regardless if you want me or not?''

I know which one I would do!

That's why i said in my post "which is fair enough" but he's still a money player and thats clearly all he cares about and in my honestly i would have moved to Celtic

cool story bro

-- 26 Jun 2013, 17:05 --

Wayne Bridge haters are nothing more than jealous cocks. He signed a fucking contract and he was due a certain wage for a certain length of time. I'm so very sure many of you would take 33%-50% paycuts from your current jobs.

You just said 'haters' lad, so with all due respect your argument is invalid.

mcmanus said:
I don't get the 'would you take a pay cut in your job?' Wayne Bridge already has enough poke for 10 life times and should be doing what he enjoys. If I was totally loaded I wouldn't be arsed about wages I'd be doing something I like.

Bridge preferred being a reserve for City than say going to play for West Ham or Villa. His prerogative.

I think you have answered yourself there

the huge amount bridge was paid makes the paycut irrelivent.....

to turn down a 30% pay cut to actually play football at a good club rather than play golf and train shows greed and selfishness.

The game could do without the people like this, there are many as well....

flipmode said:
kippaxchris said:

There isn't enough time in the day to dissect the inaccuracies in your post.
I must also applaud you on your use of grammar and punctuation. Never has a post on here left me out of breath before.

It must have slipped my mind that grammar & punctuation should always be perfected on a forum.

citytillidie24 said:
kippaxchris said:

Are you taking a paycut at your job then? Fucking grow up. You wouldn't take a paycut either, regardless of the 'love of the game'. He was a better defender than Kolarov and that's a fact. Would you like a medal for 'idiotic thread of the day'?

Look at what i have highlighted & you will see my argument isn't about him taking a pay cut i only suggested he could have taken a pay cut and moved to another big club and who are you too suggest i wouldn't take a pay cut?? He isn't now and wasn't when at City a better defender than Kolarov also it was a bit late for you to drop the idiotic thread of the day comment as i posted this 3 days before you said that. Idiotic comment?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.