Wayne Pele Rooney (merged)

grimsby blue said:
just been watching a report regarding Sir Stanley Mathews and his work in South Africa working with black players and coaching in the townships, the respect that the Africans had for his work is a credit to the man, what a credit to England and English football.

Can you ever imagine Rooney being talked about in the same way in years to come, like others have said before me, scouse tosser has no CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slag Wayne Rooney off all you want, but Stanley Matthews wasn't doing that at 26 years of age. You have no idea what kind of person Wayne Rooney is, and you certainly don't know the sort of person he'll become.

Let's face it, most of us thought Craig Bellamy was an A-Grade arsehole two years ago. Little did we know of all the work he did that went unnoticed in Africa.

As I say, criticise Rooney all you want for his behaviour on the pitch, but let's not get caught up in the nonsense of "imagining" what he does or doesn't do off it. It doesn't do any of us any favours.

Dubai Blue said:
grimsby blue said:
just been watching a report regarding Sir Stanley Mathews and his work in South Africa working with black players and coaching in the townships, the respect that the Africans had for his work is a credit to the man, what a credit to England and English football.

Can you ever imagine Rooney being talked about in the same way in years to come, like others have said before me, scouse tosser has no CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slag Wayne Rooney off all you want, but Stanley Matthews wasn't doing that at 26 years of age. You have no idea what kind of person Wayne Rooney is, and you certainly don't know the sort of person he'll become.

Let's face it, most of us thought Craig Bellamy was an A-Grade arsehole two years ago. Little did we know of all the work he did that went unnoticed in Africa.

As I say, criticise Rooney all you want for his behaviour on the pitch, but let's not get caught up in the nonsense of "imagining" what he does or doesn't do off it. It doesn't do any of us any favours.

Was Stanley Matthews shagging grannys in his early 20s?

nashark said:
Dubai Blue said:

Was Stanley Matthews shagging grannys in his early 20s?
Does it honestly really matter if he was?

People are lauded in England after having done much worse things than having a bunk-up with some dirty old slapper.

the point im trying to make is that he will never be held in great esteem in the future, without a doubt he was the rags best player last season and we have all seen what he can do. his little outburst at the final whistle to the camera about sums him up for me. its just my opinion thats all

IrishMacca said:
Rooney isn't as good as the likes of Messi and co, but he's an excellent player who had a bad world cup, he's not alone, there isn't a player in there who can put their hand up and say I did my best, I played well, I gave my all.

But Rooney was under a world of pressure and he played badly. The pressure he had on his shoulders was too much for any player to handle. He played badly, he was so poor and a mile and a half away from his normal self. He wasn't given good service either to be fair. But he was poor.
But for some to say that he's not a great player is ridiculous because on form, there isn't (well there wasn't) a team in the Premiership, or probably Europe for that matter who wouldn't have him in their starting team.

And he's not alone in the players who were expected to, but haven't performed. Ronaldo has scored 1 goal for his country in God know how many months, Messi hasn't scored yet, and even Tevez, who wouldn't be considered in that cateogry by most, hasn't been great either, when I say that he has only scored a handful of goals for his country.

He's not alone, but we all know he'll be slaughtered by the press at home, when at the end of the day, he certainly wasn't alone. Yet something tells me that people on here wont acknowledge that, much anyway.

Got a brace tonight in a last 16 match!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.