Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

manchester blue said:
And Brwned - that wasn't the question. You can't really compare who's better as everyone has their own style and strenghs. Rooney is United's talisman, Tevez is ours. Maybe Balotelli will be; who knows.

It was my question?!

He's not average at all. That's completely ridiculous but the world class tag is beyond him too at this point. He played well tonight but I don't think nearly as many of those exceptionally-weighted passes would have fooled better defences.

The Fixer said:
Brwned said:
I think you lot are missing my point...if Rooney's average, in his view, then there's 1 or 2 City players that are above average. That's ludicrous, obviously.

And let's not get into this you can't compare two players in different positions bollocks.

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm --

He got 3 assists playing as a striker though...?

no he broke from midfield mate.

He played the same position he's played under Capello in every game, bar one, no?

Brwned said:
manchester blue said:
And Brwned - that wasn't the question. You can't really compare who's better as everyone has their own style and strenghs. Rooney is United's talisman, Tevez is ours. Maybe Balotelli will be; who knows.

It was my question?!

Start a new thread then! ;)

Skashion said:
He's not average at all. That's completely ridiculous but the world class tag is beyond him too at this point. He played well tonight but I don't think nearly as many of those exceptionally-weighted passes would have fooled better defences.

World class has become an entirely meaningless phrase though really.

Brwned said:
Skashion said:

World class has become an entirely meaningless phrase though really.
Not to me it hasn't. I know what you're saying though.

Gotta admit his assists were quality tonight but on the other hand he did look a lot more sluggish and less dynamic than before. He's turned from a tenacious whippet into a Berbatov, Adebayor or Ibrahimovic type in terms of movement and dynamism. Okay exaggeration there but that's the path he's heading down for the rest of his career and his walk down it has started.

Of course that may not mean he becomes a worse player, just different - but it does mean that his lean spells will stand out more.

sam221985 said:
Gotta admit his assists were quality tonight but on the other hand he did look a lot more sluggish and less dynamic than before. He's turned from a tenacious whippet into a Berbatov, Adebayor or Ibrahimovic type in terms of movement and dynamism. Okay exaggeration there but that's the path he's heading down for the rest of his career and his walk down it has started.

Of course that may not mean he becomes a worse player, just different - but it does mean that his lean spells will stand out more.
Alright Sparky, shouldn't you be preparing for Wolves?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.