Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

Brwned said:
Neil McNab said:
Very average, tremendously over rated. He's the white Heskey with some purple patches as far as goals are concerned. In world terms he is a no mark!

Who in the City team is better than Rooney?

In his position or just in general? Coz if we're only comparing like for like I'd say Tevez is at least as good. I don't think it's fair to compare different positions because the skillz are different. Like Johnson can go past players better than Rooney. But does that make him a better player?

The Fixer said:
Stillsy said:
Because hes even shitter when he drops into midfield

3 assists mate wasn't too shabby was he? he's the closest thing to scholes in this country imo and has he begins to slow in the next 4 years or so i can see him running the rags midfield spraying balls all over the park.

cant see it myself

Brwned said:
Neil McNab said:
Very average, tremendously over rated. He's the white Heskey with some purple patches as far as goals are concerned. In world terms he is a no mark!

Who in the City team is better than Rooney?

balotelli

I think you lot are missing my point...if Rooney's average, in his view, then there's 1 or 2 City players that are above average. That's ludicrous, obviously.

And let's not get into this you can't compare two players in different positions bollocks.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm --<br /><br />
The Fixer said:
Stillsy said:
Because hes even shitter when he drops into midfield

3 assists mate wasn't too shabby was he? he's the closest thing to scholes in this country imo and has he begins to slow in the next 4 years or so i can see him running the rags midfield spraying balls all over the park.

He got 3 assists playing as a striker though...?

He had a good game tonight. Had he set up three different players he wuld have been MotM. But Defoe had to get it. Perhaps he does have a future as a deeper/midfield player? There's no doubting he should play for England but he IS overhyped which happens to a lot of United players. But it was a very selfless performance tonight and he should get credit.

And Brwned - that wasn't the question. You can't really compare who's better as everyone has their own style and strenghs. Rooney is United's talisman, Tevez is ours. Maybe Balotelli will be; who knows.

Stillsy said:
The Fixer said:

cant see it myself

What can't you see? his superb passing range which is scholesque? the through balls he played tonight? picking the ball up in midfield and running at defenders, his shooting from distance is very scholes like... as i said play up top whilst he's got the legs but as he starts to slow he'll be in midfield for them imo.

He played in midfield today and looked much better for it. We essentially played a 4231 formation with Barry and Gerrard sitting deeper and linking up with Rooney who sprayed the ball wide to the wings and forward to Defoe. Worked well as it often does in the Prem. He was still below par today with a few shocking passes but Milner and Walcott also looked off their game tonight too. Rooney did also play one or two excellent passes and made good runs from midfield to boot, in fact he got all 4 assists. Defoe's movement and finishing shows why he's our No1 Striker at the moment.

Brwned said:
I think you lot are missing my point...if Rooney's average, in his view, then there's 1 or 2 City players that are above average. That's ludicrous, obviously.

And let's not get into this you can't compare two players in different positions bollocks.

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm --

The Fixer said:

He got 3 assists playing as a striker though...?

no he broke from midfield mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.