WBA tickets

tizzerp said:
They need to be thinking what is sustainable (not just this year's sales targets) that includes encouraging long term loyalty from fans. This should all be consistent with the Abu Dhabi master plan.

I think it was part of the master plan but then Financial Fair Play .or "Protect the elite from undesirables joining our cozy club" regulations came in.
The club now have to maximize revenue from every game rather than thinking about the long term picture. Admittedly their current policy is flawed because there are seats not being sold but I do think the pricing policy would have been somewhat different had the club been allowed to operate without the restrictions.

The FFP is therefore affecting us, the ordinary fans as well being a restraint on the economic and social development of a club and its surrounding community.

Good point about FFP Tizzerp.

I do think, however, that the Club would have been much better off trying to sell the last 10,000 seats (after season tickets) at a more reasonable price. The reasons being:
(A) 10, 000 tickets sold at £40 generates more direct income than an estimated 7,000 sales at £56. (Ignoring concessions for now).
(B) the Club would also make more from food and drink and club shop sales.
(C) our reputation As being a fair club to home and away fans would be maintained

Cheers

Its a scandal. I cannot understand why the City don't just give the tickets away, they should also throw in a burger and 5 pints as well in fact I wonder if they have thought about providing free transport for non season ticket holders tonight, after all they are the heartbeat of the club.

Might as well put my season ticket up to a grand next season could actually give some fans money to come and watch then next season, can just see the thread next season - " Have you seen what the evil ******** have done they are only paying us 20 quid to watch the game killing football they are I say killing it......."<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:45 pm --<br /><br />I'd like to respectfully point out that the hard core support will be there with their season tickets.

Dubai Blue said:
Tim of the Oak said:
They need to be thinking what is sustainable (not just this year's sales targets) that includes encouraging long term loyalty from fans. This should all be consistent with the Abu Dhabi master plan.
The empty seats tonight should be a stark warning to them to stop taking City's hardcore support for granted. Bumping up the prices in anticipation of a potential neck-and-neck title race is one of the biggest and most blatant piss takes of its own supporters that this club has performed in recent years.

crmcfc said:
Its a scandal. I cannot understand why the City don't just give the tickets away, they should also throw in a burger and 5 pints as well in fact I wonder if they have thought about providing free transport for non season ticket holders tonight, after all they are the heartbeat of the club.

Might as well put my season ticket up to a grand next season could actually give some fans money to come and watch then next season, can just see the thread next season - " Have you seen what the evil ******** have done they are only paying us 20 quid to watch the game killing football they are I say killing it......."

-- Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:45 pm --

I'd like to respectfully point out that the hard core support will be there with their season tickets.

Dubai Blue said:
Tim of the Oak said:
The empty seats tonight should be a stark warning to them to stop taking City's hardcore support for granted. Bumping up the prices in anticipation of a potential neck-and-neck title race is one of the biggest and most blatant piss takes of its own supporters that this club has performed in recent years.

So you think £58 is a fair price for a game of football?

Tim of the Oak said:
tizzerp said:

I think it was part of the master plan but then Financial Fair Play .or "Protect the elite from undesirables joining our cozy club" regulations came in.
The club now have to maximize revenue from every game rather than thinking about the long term picture. Admittedly their current policy is flawed because there are seats not being sold but I do think the pricing policy would have been somewhat different had the club been allowed to operate without the restrictions.

The FFP is therefore affecting us, the ordinary fans as well being a restraint on the economic and social development of a club and its surrounding community.

Good point about FFP Tizzerp.

I do think, however, that the Club would have been much better off trying to sell the last 10,000 seats (after season tickets) at a more reasonable price. The reasons being:
(A) 10, 000 tickets sold at £40 generates more direct income than an estimated 7,000 sales at £56. (Ignoring concessions for now).
(B) the Club would also make more from food and drink and club shop sales.
(C) our reputation As being a fair club to home and away fans would be maintained

Cheers

After season tickets and away allocation only about 6000 tickets go on sale. The average price over the season to Blue members is about £48 depending where you sit. For probably 16 out of the 19 games this season they will have sold out. The other 3 would have done if the away team hadn't returned blocks of tickets. Tonight being one of those occasions. It tends to be when we get to the end of the season and we charge more for away fans for midweek games who haven't really got that much to play for.
The empty seats don't in the main come from open sales. They come from s/c holders not attending for what ever reason and not being able to or wanting to sell the seat on. Or they come from unsold hospitality packages. The answer is to find a way of reselling those seats, but I don't know how you can do that easily.

Prestwich_Blue said:
There will be swathes of empty seats tonight and it will serve the greedy fuckers right.

Ticket revenues from ordinary fans bring in about £20m a season, possibly a bit more. They could reduce prices by 10% across the board and it would cost £2.5m at most. That's the same income from a middling sponsorship deal.

On the money - no pun intended - as usual.

Our club do so much good work in the community that I find the extent to which they've misjudged ticket prices/bundles etc baffling.

Or maybe they just don't give a fuck.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Good on the west brom fans I hope every city fan applauds this banner. Ridiculous prices and pure greed from the club.

I will

alberto0292 said:
Ducado said:
Dubai Blue said:

You are presuming that we will not sell out

not a chance we will sell out tonight

there will be plenty of empty seats dotted around ... high price ticket £56, Monday night KO, kids back at school tomorrow, etc. I also expect a number of season ticket holders to don't show up tonight

correct. at least 5k will be missing.

de niro said:
alberto0292 said:
Ducado said:
You are presuming that we will not sell out

there will be plenty of empty seats dotted around ... high price ticket £56, Monday night KO, kids back at school tomorrow, etc. I also expect a number of season ticket holders to don't show up tonight

If we had of beat Sunderland and Liverpool it would be a sell out

dw7 said:
de niro said:
alberto0292 said:

But we didn't.....

2 lads I know aren't going and haven't even bothered trying to offload their seats. Would imagine that will be a common theme tonight.

dw7 said:
de niro said:
alberto0292 said:

of course, there would also be no palace tickets for sale in the ticket forum, for a sell out its odd that suddenly people can't make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.