we are 8-1 4th favourite for the drop..

Cannot agree with you on either point de Niro (although I do with many of your posts) Big Sam has one style of play that has limitation no matter how much class you put into the side. There is only so much you can do with the ball in the air .......(ask Newcastle fans)

Secondly, He did pick up a mess from Hughes. Players ran the dressing room and training was optional. It was like a pub team not a global domination team. He had to undertake a mass clear-out that he has still to resolve. Our aspirations were stuck in the past. Thank god our owners could see beyond that. Hughes had the money but not the brains or connections.

Looking back, building a team around Bellers, RSC etc ...... Richest club in the world FFS.

Hart of the matter said:

Cannot agree with you on either point de Niro (although I do with many of your posts) Big Sam has one style of play that has limitation no matter how much class you put into the side. There is only so much you can do with the ball in the air .......(ask Newcastle fans)

Secondly, He did pick up a mess from Hughes. Players ran the dressing room and training was optional. It was like a pub team not a global domination team. He had to undertake a mass clear-out that he has still to resolve. Our aspirations were stuck in the past. Thank god our owners could see beyond that. Hughes had the money but not the brains or connections.

Looking back, building a team around Bellers, RSC etc ...... Richest bulb in the world FFS.

rsc was the worst piece of tranfer business i have ever known. that i will give you.

de niro said:
jo wasn't his signing but lets not allow the truth to spoil a hughes bashing.
sparky did well for us, the shit he faced when he arrived at city was unbelievable. we were a joke, a complete shambles. apart from the way it was done i had no quarms in hughes being replaced by mancini, further progress was needed.
i can tell you one thing though, mancini would'nt have touched us with a bargepole had he seen the place before hughes tidied it up.

oh and for the record big sam would win stuff with these players.
Back to dismissing Mancini eh?

Course it's easy to say anyone would win with these players but would they sign for Big Sam or Leslie, most likely not. They'll sign for Mancini because he was a legendary player and a proven record of winning trophies wherever he's been.

de niro said:
sparky did well for us, the shit he faced when he arrived at city was unbelievable. we were a joke, a complete shambles. apart from the way it was done i had no quarms in hughes being replaced by mancini, further progress was needed.
i can tell you one thing though, mancini would'nt have touched us with a bargepole had he seen the place before hughes tidied it up.

You obviously have no idea of Mancini's track record of managing teams that were in a worse position than City when Hughes took over. I bet Mancini would've easily done a better job of tidying up.

Skashion said:
de niro said:

Course it's easy to say anyone would win with these players but would they sign for Big Sam or Leslie, most likely not. They'll sign for Mancini because he was a legendary player and a proven record of winning trophies wherever he's been.

agreed, no way could hughes attract silva and co, said it many times. i have never "dismissed" mancini but nor will i dismiss sparky. they both played a part in where we are now.

de niro said:
Skashion said:
de niro said:

agreed, no way could hughes attract silva and co, said it many times. i have never "dismissed" mancini but nor will i dismiss sparky. they both played a part in where we are now.
The only thing Hughes did, were to set us back one year. He couldnt do better than Sven, He couldnt get the best out of the players, couldnt install a winning mentality, couldnt win away from home to save his life.
Its A reason he manages QPR and still just survived with quite good player to his disposal.

de niro said:
city diehard said:
de niro said:
yeh he bought so poorly didn't he.

Roque? Bridge? Jo? to name a few were all worldies in your opinion then? The good players which he did purchase never flourished under him and only started to under Mancini. So, not his actual purchasing of the players but the way he managed them was piss poor. I know you've go this illogical affinity for Sparkless but come on.

Yes he was. Hughes is on record and was at the time as stating that he Ok'd the purchase and ran the rule over him before he signed.

Now that is the truth.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
Skashion said:
de niro said:

So did Swales. But I won't show him gratitude.

I don't think Mark Hughes was that bad a manager , but bein' an ex-rag , he had his haters from the start .....

he did okay during his time here , as he had at Blackburn , but it's Mancini who has instilled greater consistency into our results ...... and it's that which has paid off .

Not that even he has had it all his own way ...... he was too cautious in his early days here , and he's finally realised , not before time either , that my policy is better than his ......

that being , give teams more problems than they can give you and you've got a much better chance of winning football matches!

black mamba said:
I don't think Mark Hughes was that bad a manager , but bein' an ex-rag , he had his haters from the start .....

he did okay during his time here , as he had at Blackburn , but it's Mancini who has instilled greater consistency into our results ...... and it's that which has paid off .

Not that even he has had it all his own way ...... he was too cautious in his early days here , and he's finally realised , not before time either , that my policy is better than his ......

that being , give teams more problems than they can give you and you've got a much better chance of winning football matches!

at last someone with half a clue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.